Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Revv amps/pedals in POD HD500?

BurningGryphon

I wanted to have my Revv G3 and G4 pedals inside a POD HD500, but when I've looked up Revv amps in Line6 processors, the only one available is Revv Generator 120 in the Helix. And I really want that G3/G4 tone (as corresponding to the Purple and Red channels of Revv Generator 120 Mk.2), and wondering if there will ever be like a "DLC" with those effects, even if it'll be as a paid additional pack.

My guess is "never".  They haven't done a firmware release for HD since like 2015.   I think you are stuck doing an effects loop with your Revv pedals but I would just stick them at the front of the HD and plug your guitar into one of the pedals.     You shouldn't need a compressor with those pedals inline, and you could put one at the beginning of  the chain in your HD for clean tones. 

It seems like the HD series is more or less a final product at this point. 

even if they were to give more gear... why would they go for a revv? 

Also, just to be clear.... 

The Pod HD500 is not a profiler. You do not get to add your stuff. 

Feel free to spend an extra decimal point if you want something like that. 

For the price of one week at a full time minimum wage job, the HD500 does way more than expected. In fact, it works harder than you did to get the money.