Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tilt Stand for Yamaha DXR10 (3D print)

JimRad

The Yamaha DXR10 mkII is a great, great sounding unit with the Helix.

I wanted the sound projected upwards while standing up to preserve the wide horisontal coverage so I designed and made a 3D printed tilt stand that fits into the speaker stand holes. It's a nice and small thing that fits in the junk-bag to avoid lugging a big and ugly speaker stand.

You can download the STL file for 3D printing here: Thingiverse JimR Tilt Stand

Edit: I should have said this right away: I am not offering to manufacture these, it takes 9 hours to print and is not really worth my time for the small amount of money people want to pay for 3D printed parts.

JimR

20191005_213233.jpg

20191005_213137.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@JimRadWow! Jim these are awesome!! I don't have a 3D Printer, but thanks for posting this. Any chance I can send you a few dollars to have you send me a couple in Black? I have 2 DXR10 that these would work great with. PM me if you're so inclined. Otherwise, I'll try and see about getting them printed locally.

Jim,

it is hard to overstate how useful this stand can possibly be. I gigged a couple of nights ago; trying to put my DXR10 on a regular amp stand to decouple it from the floor, I had a lot of trouble because the knobs and XLR cable on the back of the DXR10 would constantly end up against the metal pipes of my stand, at the risk of breakage. Your design looks like a brilliant solution to this. Thanks for sharing! And agreed, a great sounding unit for Helix.

I'm using an Ultimaker 2+ and this is one of my first prints using PETG (Cura calls it CEP), I think I used 40 mm/s but I am working on getting it faster, I think I'm up to 60 mm/s now. I had major issues getting it to stick to the build plate at first but a few coats with PVA glue and slow brim speed made a difference (and 80 degrees build plate)

Jim

• 3 years later...