Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk remote iOS app crashing when changing Variax models

jsanzt

Hello

After updating my iPhone 8 plus to the latest iOS 13.1.2, I'm having problems with the Firehawk remote app. Everything is OK except when I try to edit the Variax model using the app, it crashes all the time. I can still use every other functionality and the pedal works fine, changing models to and from magnetic pickups to Variax models, I just can't edit it on the Remote app.

I have another older phone and it works fine there, so must be the latest iOS update.

Anyone else experienced this and has a solution?

• Like 1

Be warned: If anyone is using Firehawk remote with a Variax, the latest iOS 13 updates make the app crash when you try and change Variax models on your iphone or ipad. The rest of the app works, but this is quite frustrating as I have a Variax standard and a whole load of patches with different Variax models.

I raised a ticket with Line 6 and they came back: this is a logged bug under iOS13, unfortunately we have no timeline yet when it will be fixed. The suggested I don’t change to iOS13 if I want to continue using the Firehawk remote Variax model functionality.

Pretty unsatisfactory solution if you ask me, this must be affecting many people so if everyone raised a ticket they may escalate!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I opened a ticket as well and was told Line 6 is aware of the issue but there’s no timetable for a fix. Line 6 has a annoying history of abandoning its older products in favor of the newer ones. I doubt I’ll buy another Line 6 product. I don’t like being taken for granted.

I registered a ticket as well and got the same answer. As a performing artist I find this unacceptable. I’m relying on my Variax guitars and Firehawk amp and this lack of serious support would make me think again if I ever consider buying new hardware. I could understand if Line6 can’t respond to every Tom, lollipop and Harry reporting minor bugs or requesting additional features, but this is a serious showstopper that should be handled as as priority one issue.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. I have also opened a ticket. Quite annoying as I only bought the Firehawk to control my Variax Shuriken presets with alt tunings. I am not going to buy Helix for this. As the Firehawk is widely available in shops here in UK one would assume they would fix this problem.

Tried to downgrade iOS on my iPad without luck. I now have to use an old iPhone to access the Variax tuning : works but is inconvenient ...

Happy New Year,

i got this email from line6 today regarding the variax problem:

Hi,

this will be fixed in the next Firehawk update, i have no exact release date yet but it should soon be available

Best regards

Line 6 Support Europe”

so there is hope :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...