jsanzt

Firehawk remote iOS app crashing when changing Variax models

Hello

After updating my iPhone 8 plus to the latest iOS 13.1.2, I'm having problems with the Firehawk remote app. Everything is OK except when I try to edit the Variax model using the app, it crashes all the time. I can still use every other functionality and the pedal works fine, changing models to and from magnetic pickups to Variax models, I just can't edit it on the Remote app.

I have another older phone and it works fine there, so must be the latest iOS update.

Anyone else experienced this and has a solution?

• Like 1

This is happening to me as well.  I can’t manage variax settings in the app.  As soon as I select the variax block, it crashes.  This started for me as well after upgrading to 13.1.2

• Like 1

Be warned: If anyone is using Firehawk remote with a Variax, the latest iOS 13 updates make the app crash when you try and change Variax models on your iphone or ipad. The rest of the app works, but this is quite frustrating as I have a Variax standard and a whole load of patches with different Variax models.

I raised a ticket with Line 6 and they came back: this is a logged bug under iOS13, unfortunately we have no timeline yet when it will be fixed. The suggested I don’t change to iOS13 if I want to continue using the Firehawk remote Variax model functionality.

Pretty unsatisfactory solution if you ask me, this must be affecting many people so if everyone raised a ticket they may escalate!

• Like 1

Same here. Just found out it does indeed crash. Just the sort of thing I need before a gig. I do hope it’s indeed a bug from the Apple iOS and not within the app. Will raise a ticket as well, though I have my doubts about Line6 support.

• Like 1

I opened a ticket as well and was told Line 6 is aware of the issue but there’s no timetable for a fix. Line 6 has a annoying history of abandoning its older products in favor of the newer ones. I doubt I’ll buy another Line 6 product. I don’t like being taken for granted.

I registered a ticket as well and got the same answer. As a performing artist I find this unacceptable. I’m relying on my Variax guitars and Firehawk amp and this lack of serious support would make me think again if I ever consider buying new hardware. I could understand if Line6 can’t respond to every Tom, lollipop and Harry reporting minor bugs or requesting additional features, but this is a serious showstopper that should be handled as as priority one issue.