Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.80+ ver - Fade ins/out when changing impulses

vstrattomusic

17 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

HUH?

Comparing very similar IRs for a mix, before this update there was no fade out when changing IR and it was easier to hear the tiny difference between 2 similar impulses because you could switch between the 2 and hear the audio uninterrupted. Now there's a fade out when changing IRs and it's not as easy..

11 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Using snapshots to do this, there is NO fade.

Is there any reason to do it any other way?

I do it with the IR block with HX Edit, while using the Helix to reamp raw DI signal from the DAW, just scrolling through the IRs with the mouse wheel, before the update I think the audio was uninterrupted when changing IRs and now it cuts out. I've never used snapshots because I don't play live.

I set it up like you described, recorded some simple clean strumming in Reaper, played it back through my Stomp, scrolled IRs, no such fade did I hear.

Are you routing the signal back through the DAW and monitoring it from there? If so, maybe you're hearing latency?

Try updating to 2.82. I've done that on both my Stomp and my Floor, and got no problems like some seem to have.