Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can you plug-in headphones into Powercab plus 2x12?

mgw5678

Hi

my question is can you plug-in headphones into a power cab plus 2x12 and listen to the cabs speaker emulations etc?

Cheers

Mark

Edited by mgw5678
Made mistake in title

Hi Ulef,

Absolutely I’ve come to the same conclusion. I’ve ordered my powercab so looking forward to it. I’ve been using the a pair of line 6 L3t’s up till now both as studio monitors and for live use so I’m looking forward to trying the powercab. How have you found the powercab?

Cheers

Mark

Well, my first impression was not the best … In my opinion it is not a plugin and play product – you have to tweak your Helix presets. I'm still working on it.

You can read more about my impressions here: https://line6.com/support/topic/45688-first-impression-after-using-powercab-112-plus-a-few-days/

Finally my best experience is not to use the implemented cabs but the LF RAW setting in PC+ only with amps (no cab) in Helix. It is described (including a Helix preset to download) here:

Maybe you can share your experiences with PC+ here.

Ulf

You can use a headphone amp such as Behringer Powerplay P2 Ultra-Compact Personal In-Ear Monitor Amplifier with Powercab. I use one for my IEMs driven from a pair of outputs from the PA for my own monitor mix. Use an XLR Y cable to adapt the two channels into the input expected by the P2.

• Like 1

Not to invalidate your use case, but if you want headphones then why not plug them into your helix and have the helix model the cabinet?  If you want to go back and forth between headphones and no headphones, then put the amp in FRFR mode... won't have exactly the same effect, but if you're spending time with headphones on anyway, maybe doesn't matter as much.

• 5 months later...
On 10/15/2019 at 1:11 PM, chasingMango said:

Not to invalidate your use case, but if you want headphones then why not plug them into your helix and have the helix model the cabinet?  If you want to go back and forth between headphones and no headphones, then put the amp in FRFR mode... won't have exactly the same effect, but if you're spending time with headphones on anyway, maybe doesn't matter as much.

The main reason for me is I have a 112+ and use custom IR's in the powercab.  If i plug direct in to the Helix, I'd lose the IRs.

9 hours ago, cglaser68 said:

The main reason for me is I have a 112+ and use custom IR's in the powercab.  If i plug direct in to the Helix, I'd lose the IRs.

Then, you'll need to connect your PC+ outputs into a mixer (or headphones amp), then connect headphones into that.