Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

extension cord ok for hx power supply?

godfather_77

Failure to use a QUALITY surge protector on any electronic device worth more than the cost of a QUALITY surge protector is just plain foolish.

I have a Furman SS-6B, $60 at GC, 10 ft Heavy Duty cord. You can go as cheap as $10 at Wally World, if that's all you paid for your HX.....

No, it doesn't affect the sound at all, other than preventing line noise caused by EMI/RFI interference.

5 hours ago, godfather_77 said:

I'm wondering if using an extension cord or a surge protector will adversely affect  the stomp?

There is no issue running an extension cord... most people could never get them to the front of a stage without one. 

A surge protector is always recommended. 

The output from the power supply is not very high, so you can make do with an inexpensive extension cord.  I've used lamp cord type extension cords for mine from the dollar store because they don't take up much space in my bag and they are easy to replace.   It's always good to have a good surge protector with any electronics you value but that's a personal acceptance of risk.   I don't generally carry around a surge protector.