Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Rich, Authentic And Big Wah

rerbty

I've watched Glenn videos about wah wah but I think it still sounds very digital.

Can anyone suggest how to get that rich, authentic and big wah sound on HD500?

For example, the guitar solo from Dream Theater - Wither at 4:00.

Thanks guys.

I found the wahs to be weak, and just the pedal itself was not built very good, I mean if your going to use a wah every night it would not last long, also the tone change was unstable, so my solution buy a external wha I bought a zack wydle wha and compared to the line 6 wah for sound and build is like day and night. And as a bonus you free up dsp, I use my pedal on the pod for a volume pedal but you could use it for anything, have a look around and and get a good wha and don't waste your time and dsp trying to get the pods wha to work for you,

I did the same thing.  I bought a Cantrell wah.  I still have a wah programmed in my 500x....for when I toe down for solos/volume boost...in one motion...solo boost and wah engage...but I sacrifice wah tone a bit.  For all other wah needs....external.