Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

It Would Be Nice For Some New Spider Iv Update/downloads.

okelliheru2

Maybe a Digital Delay with Mod?  If effects can not be added then what about swapping out effects?  That would be a nice feature.  I would happily replace one of the other delays for a dig del w/ mod.  What about swapping one of the handful of compression effects for another overdrive/dist/fuzz?

• 1 month later...

mmm yamaha isn't wel known for it's updating history,i (used to) own several jamaha products and i've had lots of trouble with the lack of,stability and the way they present the updates,so as for new updates,not likely to happen any time soon if at all,

so i'm worried,is this the end of our line 6 as we know it,the user friendly compagnie???

i don't hope so!!!

highly doubtful you'll see any updates for the spider amps that currently exist...

wouldn't be terribly surprised if there is a new spider in the works somewhere....

don't think spiders are dead... but given the age of the current models, i think feature enhancements are unlikely.

(purely my opinion AKA speculation.. i'm not "in the know" on the matter)

Line6 is still run independently, they are just owned by yamaha.

don't think you'll see many drastic changes...

companies rarely buy companies that are poorly run or have little to offer....

just saying... Yamaha likely saw something they liked.

companies rarely buy companies that are poorly run or have little to offer....

just saying... Yamaha likely saw something they liked.

True, but they do sometimes show up and make things worse. Ask anyone who had the misfortune of owning a Harley during the AMF years. They were lawnmowers with handle bars. No way to tell until the dust settles. Line 6 might still be "in charge" day-to-day, but he who holds the purse strings affects everything downwind. Time will tell.

from my understanding, previous acquisitions by Yamaha have been very smooth.

time will tell.

But they do sometimes show up and make things worse. Ask anyone who had the misfortune of owning a Harley during the AMF years. They were lawnmowers with handle bars.

• 2 weeks later...

No offense and I preface this by sayng I have no idea how updates are created or how they work, but are you telling me that Line 6 computer programmers can't come up with a new Spider update or an a la carte version of downloading effects or some new way of downloading new effects in about a weeks time, or even a months time? 

Is it really a huge undertaking?

they probably could.... but whats the incentive?

the amps been released about 3 years ago...

they are more than likely working on a new amp (amplifi anyone?)

that will sell more than any upgrades on a 3 year old amp....

i'm almost certain that ala carte will never happen either...

too many different use cases that would require too much testing etc.

i'm just saying its not likely to happen...

could it? maybe...

but i'd be extremely surprised....

if your expectation is that it will happen, i suspect you'll end up extremely disappointed.

No offense and I preface this by sayng I have no idea how updates are created or how they work, but are you telling me that Line 6 computer programmers can't come up with a new Spider update or an a la carte version of downloading effects or some new way of downloading new effects in about a weeks time, or even a months time? 

It's not that it can't be done..there's just no money in it. Projects that generate zero revenue are generally not given much priority.

• 2 weeks later...