Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

OSX Catalina and HX Stomp

tommi182

Hi All,

I idiotically installed catalina as I thought 'oooooooh shiny', now I cant seem to get Logic to take any input from the Stomp pedal.... do we have any timescales on when this will be rectified?

I have updated the firmware of the Stomp to 2.82 along with HX Edit and upgraded the HX Native plugins to 1.82, all of which say they are compatible with Catalina......

I know, i know, im daft to have updated the OS so quickly, but I'm like a magpie and a sucker for new shiny things!

Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated! :)

Tom.

18 hours ago, silverhead said:

Take a look at the last banner item at the top of this page.

I have done and tried all the remedies.... from what is said in that post it looks like hx stomp and hx edit should work with the DAWs....

Thanks,

tom.

I know that when I first installed Mojave I had much the same experience ... no input from any source into Cubase. It turned out that the first time I ran Cubase it asked me whether or not I wanted to use the “microphone”. I said no ... no use for the built-in Mac mic. Wrong answer! Microphone in Applespeak means audio input.

The fix was to tick the box beside Cubase in the security section of the system preferences. Go to System Preferences/Security & Privicy/Privacy/Microphone and make sure that Logic is checked.

BTW, I’m not going for Catalina until all of my critical apps have been released in 64-bit versions.

Edit: There's an app called Go64 that will check your system and list all 32-bit (and 64-bit) apps. Useful for knowing what needs updating.

I've updated, and have no problems. It took a while to examine all the 32 Bit apps I had, and delete them or replace them with 64 Bit alternatives. But once that was done, my whole studio (Logic) can up without a flaw.