Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 500X Driver Version 4.2.7.7. fail installation

gahtox

Hi Everybody,

I have been trying for hours to connect my pod to windows. Pod Edit program seems to work fine but there is only one big problem: if I choosethe POD as audio driver, no sounds come from speakers. So I can't listen to my editing work on patches and sounds.

I also have some problems when I try to install the latest drivers for the POD HD 500 X edit program. Line 6 Monkey is able to download the driver but it fails installation and sends me on the download area 

of the official web site. That sin the website tells me that "At this time, there is no software available that matches your selection." :(

How can I fix the problem?

4 hours ago, gahtox said:

if I choosethe POD as audio driver, no sounds come from speakers. So I can't listen to my editing work on patches and sounds.

to be able to hear the POD sounds from the speakers, the speakers must be connected to the POD outputs (not to your PC)..

4 hours ago, gahtox said:

Line 6 Monkey is able to download the driver but it fails installation and sends me on the download area 

of the official web site. That sin the website tells me that "At this time, there is no software available that matches your selection." :(

from the DOWNLOADS section of this website the 4.2.7.7 version driver is available for download only for windows 7,8 and 10..

eg. if your PC runs on XP the latest driver you can use actually install and use is 4.2.7.1

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

18 hours ago, pianoguyy said:

wait, i am confused. 

you are running EDIT but you can't get your Pod to connect... yet you think you should be able to hear your tone? 

Sorry I misspoke. My POD is connected through USB cable and EDIT program works fine. But I can't hear POD sounds from speakers...

17 hours ago, hurghanico said:

to be able to hear the POD sounds from the speakers, the speakers must be connected to the POD outputs (not to your PC)..

from the DOWNLOADS section of this website the 4.2.7.7 version driver is available for download only for windows 7,8 and 10..

eg. if your PC runs on XP the latest driver you can use actually install and use is 4.2.7.1

I thought that USB connection would give me the possibility to hear POD sounds without connecting any audio jack to the PC..

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

54 minutes ago, gahtox said:

I thought that USB connection would give me the possibility to hear POD sounds without connecting any audio jack to the PC..

you should not connect any audio jack between the POD and the PC..

you have to connect your speakers directly to the POD outputs..  (and yes, the speakers need to be external)..

(same thing for your headphones)

the USB connection serves to use the Editor, and if the POD is selected as the audio interface it serves to record the POD signal into your recording software, and to playback your recordings and/or audio files..

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Hurghanico, but if the POD can be used to rout audio to your DAW you should also be able to rout audio to the PC speakers. I would think calling up Recording Devices (right-click the speaker icon) and selecting the POD and then call up Payback Devices and select your normal speakers should work. Unfortunately I am not in a place to test this out right now. I know I was able to do this many years ago but abandoned it because latency was pretty bad, if I remember correctly.

The POD communicates with your computer over USB using the industry standard ASIO protocol. This protocol requires that the same audio device is used for both input (recording) and output (playback). Hence you can't assign the Playback device to be your PC speakers while continuing to use the POD as the recording device for your DAW.

There are some drivers (e.g. ASIO4ALL) that simulate an ASIO protocoal and allow you to assign different input and output devices but they are known to cause problems when used with fully ASIO compliant audio devices such as the POD.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pfsmith0 said:

Hurghanico, but if the POD can be used to rout audio to your DAW you should also be able to rout audio to the PC speakers. I would think calling up Recording Devices (right-click the speaker icon) and selecting the POD and then call up Payback Devices and select your normal speakers should work. Unfortunately I am not in a place to test this out right now. I know I was able to do this many years ago but abandoned it because latency was pretty bad, if I remember correctly.

Could be..

..but even if it was really possible without problems to make the PC speakers monitoring the POD in real time, it wouldn't be at all an advisable solution, actually quite horrid I would say.

If instead of using decent monitors you have to use PC speakers (or better say speakers for PC), at least use external ones and connect them directly to the POD.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Upvote 1