Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

3 Sigma Guitar IR's

themetallikid

I am working on some new core tones...and want to implement these.  

I asked before why they would suggest that if you need more output you dont use the IR Level, but add another block, a gain one, and increase there or with an EQ block.  

I'm trying to balance these so they are even with my regular guitar input....to help balance between regular presets and IR presets....their IRs load at -18db, and even +6db, I can barely hear my guitar through my wedge that my presets have no issues getting through.  

Is there a better way to normalize these?

some of them are louder than others, and I get that as different pup's have different outputs....just seem really low. 

Unless I'm overthinking, its basically an EQ applied to my guitar to make it sound 'similar' to that guitar/pup setup.  (I get its not perfect)....but I'd also think you'd want your input/output of the block to be the same whether active/bypassed. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I tried this....and didn't get the results I wanted.  First I opened the IR, and raised the level 9db, thought that would be a good number to show a difference and allow me to have some room to adjust up/down if needed.  resaved with a +9db at the end of the file name, reloaded the regular IR and the +9db one in a blank preset to compare to my bypass signal (I want to save a preset with the IR"s I'll use already having the level parameter adjusted so I'm only hearing the IR tone and not a level boost/cut), and all it did was make the EQ curve of the IR more pronounced. 

Maybe its the FM effect I'm hearing with it, though it just sounded like the EQ curve got more extreme on the high end range.....like the peaks and valleys became higher/lower peaks and valleys. 

So I made a 2nd attempt and used the 'Normalize' effect on one, it did the same thing, just not as pronounced. 

I just want to have some room to adjust these as some of them are ok at +3db on the level parameter and some at +6db (the max) it don't quite reach the same volume as my bypass/dry signal.