Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix under older OSX versions?

SaschaFranck

Hi,

I thought Helix was supposed to be a class compliant USB audio device (which is why it's also working nicely on iPads/iPhones, from all I know). As such, it should show up on my old Macbook running OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), at least other class compliant devices do. But the Helix won't. Is there any secrect setting I didn't find yet? On my Zoom UAC-2, there's a switch allowing switch between "class compliant" and "driver supported" (or so), but I can't find anything like that in Helix' globals or wherever.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Well, my OSX is *way* older (Snow Leopard was released in 2009), so there's no way to run anything from Line6 on it anymore, be it HX Edit or the actual driver.

But, the same is true for my Zoom Interface - it does work fine in class compliant mode, though. And from all I know, Helix is supposed to work like that, too - at least I remember that @Digital_Igloo once posted something about it.

Yep - Snow Leopard is not listed as a supported OS in the HX Edit download.  Interesting that your Zoom still works though.  You're in a spot that I will find myself in very soon - great that the Mac lasted so long, but nobody's developing anything for the OS now.