Sign in to follow this  
jasonmelani

HX Stomp Midi commands

Not really. If you assign the Preset Down and Preset Up functions to FS4 and FS5 in the Global Settings menu, you can use CC52 and CC53 to emulate those switches and perform those functions. But that would only really be useful if you're not using the external footswitches for anything else.

Thanks phil, I am using a morningstar MC6 to control perimeters.  I will try these midi cc messages. 

This should be an easy fix for Line 6 to do.  But what do I know?

2 hours ago, jasonmelani said:

Thanks phil, I am using a morningstar MC6 to control perimeters.  I will try these midi cc messages. 

This should be an easy fix for Line 6 to do.  But what do I know?

That was one of my disappointments with the Stomp too in the midi realm. It seemed like it would be wise to have a preset advance or back off command. 

Still, with the Morningstar, you have SO many control options that I don't think having the controller emulate FS4 and FS5 is a big deal.  The only thing you'd be missing out on is the expression pedal option, but you could leave that to the Morningstar too. 

Still, another option that I liked even better was having the Morningstar have a button set to cycle stomp modes. From there you can use the Stomp itself, while in "preset" mode to move up or down presets, and in my opinion, it's very easy to do. 

Having a MIDI controller scroll through presets sequentially seems to not necessarily be the most natural way to use a MIDI controller. The whole idea is that you have presets saved on the controller itself and the controller sends out whatever PC it needs to when you bring up that preset. Now I guess it's a little bit different with the Stomp because people are using MIDI controllers to do a bunch of different things.

The Tech 21 MIDI Mouse does allow you to switch up/down presets, but that’s its only function

Morningstar MC6 has PC Scroll Up and PC Scroll Down. You can set a range which allows you to scroll through a subset of presets. One way you might use the commands is to use ‘Press’ to scroll up and ‘Long Press’ to scroll down, both on the same button/switch. 

Using CCs 52 & 53 to emulate FS4 & FS5 does preclude using external footswitches, you can still use the port for external expression pedals. 

The MIDI capabilities of the Stomp are sadly lacking compared to all of the other Helix devices.  I returned mine after I found that it didn't include the MIDI Command Center features.