Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native Standalone?

EnjoyRC

I wish Helix Native had it's own Standalone version.  But, since it doesn't...

Curious about what host you're using for Helix Native if you're using it for live use.

GigPerformer for Mac or PC

Ableton Live for Mac or PC

I mainly use it at home with Reaper but I have also used with 2 instances of Native as inserts for guitar and bass players DI in and live recording of 16 inputs from an XR18.  Reaper has been solid DAW so far!

A few weeks back, Native saved the evening at practice, when I forgot to load the Helix Floor in the car.   :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have Studio One 3 Artist installed on my laptop. I bought the first Studio One when it came out and have used it ever since. However, I found my version of Studio One does not support VSTs and their online info says I hafta upgrade to Pro to use it at a cost of $199. Didn't like that. Dropped em a note. We'll see.

But in the meantime, I found when I downloaded Helix Native there was a nice surprise in the form of free copy of Cubase LE, which DOES support HN. Took me a half a day to figure out how to make it work but it's working pretty well. Half a day to digest a whole new DAW and VST plugin not too bad IMO.