Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting Midi In to Midi Out to send messages to yourself

Retro-Rick

I know it's a stupid sounding title, however, on one of the earlier firmware levels I was able to direct connect Midi in and out, and use button 12 to toggle snap shot 1/2.

A lot of my presets have only 2 snapshots, and I don't use tap tempo at all, so it saved me from having to press buttons 1/7 and go into snapshot view, I'm usually in 8 presets view.

With the current level of firmware, shorting the midi in & out causes a kind of feedback loop that freezes and locks up the Helix. Has anyone else messed around with this?

I wish the helix had more footswitch programming options.

The problem was that, when you re-save, you have to make sure you only do that on snapshot 1. Because the footswitch is set up that initial is snap 1, toggle is snap 2. Some times I would save it on snapshot 2 which creates a conflict and crashes the helix.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Retro-Rick said:

The problem was that, when you re-save, you have to make sure you only do that on snapshot 1. Because the footswitch is set up that initial is snap 1, toggle is snap 2. Some times I would save it on snapshot 2 which creates a conflict and crashes the helix.

Good to know. Thanks!