Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELP! Accidentally imported a patch over my main one!

hunterdawson

There may be one other possible way to retrieve your patch - but it's quite unlikely given that your initial post is now 8 hrs old. IF you are still running the same HX Edit session, and IF you have made very few changes since the accidental import, and IF the UNDO feature can act on preset imports, it may be possible to use the UNDO feature of HX Edit to go back to the state Helix was in before the import.

However, as I said, this is very unlikely at this point.

9 minutes ago, silverhead said:

IF the UNDO feature can act on preset imports, it may be possible to use the UNDO feature of HX Edit to go back to the state Helix was in before the import.

Pretty sure it can't... I think the Undo function only works on edits made within a preset. If import a preset into a preset it actually copies over the preset in that slot.

15 minutes ago, hunterdawson said:

I am new to the helix world. I guess I thought if I have helix edit open then it would automatically back itself up when I closed it out. Apparently that’s not the case… I would have been backing it up from the very beginning

The best way to think of HX Edit is a remote control for the hardware. None of the presets you see in the preset list exist anywhere else but in the Helix unless you export them or back them up.