USERLINE62K19

SETTING UP POD HD500 FOR A LIVE SETUP

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me which combination of output option should i select while performing live onstage ?

Thanks .

As suggested in the downloadable advanced guide select the Studio/Direct output mode if you go direct to the FOH and use a flat response monitor/amp, or one of the other output modes depending on which guitar amp type you are connecting the device to and how.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

What do you plan to connect the PODHD to ?  Otherwise your question is like asking "Can anyone suggest what guitar I should play live onstage ?".

Hello thank you for your quick response, i m planning it to connect directly to the Mixer Board @ joel_brownAlso please suggest which will be the best output slot the Unbalanced one or the XLR ones. Thank you

Thank you for your imidiate response i will surely try it while i m going through my amp. Actually i forgot to mention that i want to  directly connect it to the mixer board without going through an amp @ hurghanico 

36 minutes ago, USERLINE62K19 said:

i want to  directly connect it to the mixer board without going through an amp @ hurghanico 

Select Studio/Direct output mode.

40 minutes ago, USERLINE62K19 said:

suggest which will be the best output slot the Unbalanced one or the XLR ones.

If your POD is very far from the FOH mixer and you need to use very very long cables to make the connection, and if the FOH mixer has a MIC level input channel available, use XLR..

otherwise use the standard 1/4" unbalanced jack output which can give a hotter LINE level signal if the 1/4" OUT switch near the pedal is set to LINE.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

1 hour ago, hurghanico said:

If your POD is very far from the FOH mixer and you need to use very very long cables

or, they will run a snake, the same as they would for microphones 

that way there isn't a dozen individual wires being draped across the dance floor

• Thanks 1

just to repeat what everyone else has said - 

studio/direct 

XLR when possible (it isn't always available for small gigs)  

but never forget - 

do not design patches on a guitar amp, and then expect the same results from a pa 

you want to design your patches with the same setup as you will be using for performances 

• Thanks 1