Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX EFFECTS can't change parameters within snapshots

IAMDAVEKLINE

My HX effects won't let me change parameters from snap shot to snapshot. For example, I want to set the delay level different in all 4 snapshots. But when I change the level in one, it applies that setting to all the snapshots. Is this just how it is? I know that the effects themselves will be the same within each snapshot, but I was under the impression that I could adjust the parameters of said effect from snapshot to snapshot. If the parameters are universal on the 4 snapshots but I can only determine which effects are on or off completely in each one, that's a real bummer and totally defeats the purpose of getting this to begin with. Also if this was already addressed somewhere, I am sorry. But I looked everywhere and couldn't find a topic that discusses this specifically. 

Parameters have to be assigned to a controller to have their values changed per snapshot. If you only want them to change with snapshot and not any other controller, you assign them to the Snapshot Controller. In the Controller Assign menu, you would just select Snapshots. Or the shortcut to make this assignment is to push and turn the knob for the parameter you want to assign. In HX Edit, you can just right click on the parameter name and select Snapshots from the pulldown menu.

• Upvote 1

In Global Settings - Preferences:

If Snapshot Edits is set to RECALL, you can change the settings in all your snapshots one at a time, then save the preset when you're done.

If Snapshot Edits is set to DISCARD, every time you change snapshots your edits will be lost UNLESS you SAVE the preset before changing snapshots.