Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Treble Booster From Hd500x?

joakey

Hi, I have a Brian May Special guitar and the pickups are wired in parallel, which apparently makes the sound heavier on the bass when you have more than one pickup selected (you can select all three, as they have individual switches).  That's why Brian May himself plays with a treble booster all of the time.

I've checked the list of effects on the HD500X (useful background information: I have one!) and I don't see a treble booster.  Is there another pedal on the pod that would produce the same effect?  Is it different from just whacking up the treble knob on the amp?  Or would it be simpler if I just buy a treble booster?

Thanks for any thoughts! ;)

well i´ve made some pu installs on my guitars and i even got one wired in series and a switch to put that pu on parallel... so maybe i´m nos following something here. I mean if i select the neck pu of my guitar that one is wired  in series.

Hi, I have a Brian May Special guitar and the pickups are wired in parallel, which apparently makes the sound heavier on the bass when you have more than one pickup selected (you can select all three, as they have individual switches).  That's why Brian May himself plays with a treble booster all of the time.

I've checked the list of effects on the HD500X (useful background information: I have one!) and I don't see a treble booster.  Is there another pedal on the pod that would produce the same effect?  Is it different from just whacking up the treble knob on the amp?  Or would it be simpler if I just buy a treble booster?

Thanks for any thoughts! ;)

The BM pickups are wired in series.  This allows you to combine single coil pickups to act like a humbucker.  Brian uses a treble boaster because he uses the normal channel of the Vox AC30 which is dark sounding on it's own.  I used to own this guitar and agree it is a bit dark sounding unless you play single pickups on their own as opposed to multiple pickups in series.  It is also a very unique sounding instrument and can get close to Brian's sound.  As far as your treble boaster, try using the boost eq.