Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Input And Output On Hd 300

Denis347

Hi, I have been using my POD HD 300 for over 2 years now. Yesterday when I started my POD, there was no sound coming out of the device. I tried MP3 Input and it worked, I could hear the sound, but when I try to play the guitar, it seems that it is not getting any signal from guitar input (because the tuner doesn't work as well). I also tried sound from my computer through USB input, but no luck there as well. Factory reset, reinstalling firmware, reinstalling driver, non of these things seem to help.

To summarize: no guitar input, no guitar output (obviously), no USB output, MP3 output works.

I really don't know what might happen.

Thanks for all help and suggestions.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Try the guitar and cables on an amp minus the HD if everything works then it is the Pod. 1st thing to try is reflashing the firmware and pedal calibration. Still bad "maybe try a new power supply" borrow one or see if you can take it into a store to try theirs.

Those are the obvious things and if they don't help it probably will have to go in for service.

• Downvote 1

Let me preface this by saying I don't know if the POD will output anything without detecting some kind of input but if it will, try creating a patch in which you would hear alot of hiss (high gain amp cranked with a distortion box cranked) and has no noise gate. If you hear the hiss, it would indicate the issue is with the guitar input itself malfunctioning.

I don't know if the input section is anything like the X3 Live but when mine died (no input/or output) the mp3 player still worked. The tuner for the X3L is the first thing in the signal chain and that did not pickup a guitar signal so I know the inputs were dead.

I don't have an HD300 but double check the input settings and like B said make sure the volume is up.

• 5 months later...

If you are getting a signal sometimes and you know the amp/cables/guitar are good then you might have a bad input jack. If you wiggle the cable in the jack and the sound starts/stops it might just need replacing or resoldering. 

• 4 months later...

Hi I know OP might have sold his HD by now. HD300 user here.. But for others who's been having this issue just unplug, press and hold save button while plugging in, toggle the drive knob which will give you input choices (guitar, usb left, usb right) keep it on guitar, unplug and plug again... Solved!

I almost cried when this happened and thought my beloved HD300 have died on me, and I couldnt afford a replacement as of now... Hope this helps some poor sap like my self!

Keep on playing!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I know OP might have sold his HD by now. HD300 user here.. But for others who's been having this issue just unplug, press and hold save button while plugging in, toggle the drive knob which will give you input choices (guitar, usb left, usb right) keep it on guitar, unplug and plug again... Solved!

I almost cried when this happened and thought my beloved HD300 have died on me, and I couldnt afford a replacement as of now... Hope this helps some poor sap like my self!

It worked! I almost lost hope with my unit! THANK YOU!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

hi ... I also experienced the same thing, I've tried to change the cable, updating the driver, but still the same, it seems the engine is slow to keep the guitar sound for a few minutes, but 10 minutes later the situation returns to normal. this happens every new machine is enabled (POD HD300)

Check the input jack for a fault, loose connection.

unplug from power, press and hold SAVE button while plugging in, toggle the DRIVE knob which will give you input choices (guitar, usb left, usb right) keep it on GUITAR, unplug and plug again.

Re try the RESET of HD300 Save your patches first

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/pod/pod-hd300400/video-tutorial-pod-hd300-400-factory-reset-r214

• 5 months later...

Check the input jack for a fault, loose connection.unplug from power, press and hold SAVE button while plugging in, toggle the DRIVE knob which will give you input choices (guitar, usb left, usb right) keep it on GUITAR, unplug and plug again.Check the input jack for a fault, loose connection.Re try the RESET of HD300 Save your patches firsthttp://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/pod/pod-hd300400/video-tutorial-pod-hd300-400-factory-reset-r214

I've tried this and still wont work

Any other ways

Please help is it just software issue or hardware issue

• 1 year later...
On 8/10/2017 at 3:47 AM, LloydN83 said:

Keep on playing!

Fortunately for the others who posted replies their pods don’t appear to have had the same issue... Looks like this might be the fix.... mine is now working this morning, will try again tonight...    I was wondering what the other figures in the display might be ? Sort of looks like a live data feed on the position of the dials....

Ok, so that didn’t work.... interesting to know about though....   

Seems to need 5 minutes to warm up whilst it gradually outputs more and more sound more and more clearly with the clipping and distortion reducing also....

Can anyone help?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/4/2017 at 4:51 PM, bjnette said:

unplug from power, press and hold SAVE button while plugging in, toggle the DRIVE knob which will give you input choices (guitar, usb left, usb right) keep it on GUITAR, unplug and plug again.

Re try the RESET of HD300 Save your patches first

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/pod/pod-hd300400/video-tutorial-pod-hd300-400-factory-reset-r214

Have tried all of these suggestions but still doesn't work out.. not a single note comes out.

I'm suspecting the input itself is faulty. My POD was not power up for almost a year.. and this happens.. :(

• 3 months later...

Hello, I'd like to give some insight about this matter. I've tried to unplug, press "save" while pluging back / choosing guitar instead of USB. It doesn´t work for me, but once you  are in that mode, if you move the treble knob it allows you to choose the "z setting". It looks like the z setting has something to do with impedance. As soon as I choose a different value (can't remember now what exactly) the problem is solved. BUT: once I unplug and restart the pod the change in the z setting is lost and stops working again.

I'ts curious that if I connect a booster pedal (a real one) before the pod it kinda works... not very well though

I'm returning this unit and not buying any hd pod 300 or whatever ever more. Just wanted to give you my two cents.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...
On 10/11/2022 at 8:07 PM, pezvolador79 said:

Hello, I'd like to give some insight about this matter. I've tried to unplug, press "save" while pluging back / choosing guitar instead of USB. It doesn´t work for me, but once you  are in that mode, if you move the treble knob it allows you to choose the "z setting". It looks like the z setting has something to do with impedance. As soon as I choose a different value (can't remember now what exactly) the problem is solved. BUT: once I unplug and restart the pod the change in the z setting is lost and stops working again.

I'ts curious that if I connect a booster pedal (a real one) before the pod it kinda works... not very well though

I'm returning this unit and not buying any hd pod 300 or whatever ever more. Just wanted to give you my two cents.

Cheers!

replace D31 and all came back ok magicaly :)

it's a bat54s causing problem.