Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sending Midi CC mesages from HX Stomp

jasonmelani

Morning all! 

Recently I saw a video of Rhett Shull where he is using the HX stomp to send MIDI signals to control tap tempo for the Specular Tempus delay.  I hope to do the same with my Strymon Volante.  I read the manual but I cannot seem to find this info.  Anyone know how to do this? 

• 3 months later...

On 2/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, writeroxie said:

Does anyone know if the Helix Stomp can output midi messages for each snapshot - to trigger a Voodoo Lab Midi Control Switcher? http://www.voodoolab.com/controlswitcher.htm 

On 10/21/2019 at 2:36 PM, phil_m said:

The Stomp can send MIDI clock, which I assume is what he’s doing here. It can’t send CC messages, though.

I was hoping I could use my HX Stomp to send MIDI messages to the Voodoo Lab Control Switcher.

Basically I want to control my Supersonic Amp with it. The main task would be to switch from clean to distortion of my Supersonic.

I understand this requires CC MIDI messages coming from the HX Stomp.  Is there really no way to get my HX Stomp to control the Control Switcher ???

You could use the Control Switcher with the Stomp if you set it PC mode rather than CC mode. The Stomp can send PC messages when you change presets, so you could save an amp setting with each of your Stomp presets that way. It's more tedious than CC mode, for sure, but it's a possibility.

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problem... Can someone help me how will I make the HX Stomp control the Tap tempo for Specular Tempus..

On 10/21/2019 at 2:11 PM, jasonmelani said:

HX stomp to send MIDI signals to control tap tempo for the Specular Tempus delay.

4 hours ago, Petrvm said:

I have exactly the same problem... Can someone help me how will I make the HX Stomp control the Tap tempo for Specular Tempus..

Page 43 of the HXS manual.

Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo>Tx MIDI Clock>MIDI.

Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo>PC Tx>MIDI (sends Program Change messages).

Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo>MIDI Base Channel (same as Specular Tempus).