Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshots Helix LT

Ericam01

15 hours ago, Ericam01 said:

I have a patch with 8 snapshots and cannot seem to get the display with the Snapshots I created

At the root of the problem, is understanding the 3 display modes and how to reach them.

• There is preset mode, stomp mode and snapshot mode
  • The MODE button swaps between "preset mode" and "stomp mode"
  • Snap mode is accessed by pressing both bank up&down buttons at the same time
    • Global Setting > Footswitches > Snapshot Mode Switches: This determines whether or not you stay in snapshot mode after choosing a snapshot, or if you return to the previous mode (preset or stomp) after choosing a snapshot.
  • "Preset mode" can be altered in the global settings. Global Setting > Footswitches > Preset Mode Switches: This allows you to change the preset screen to several combinations of presets/snapshots/stomps.
  • NOTE: If you set your preset mode so it no longer displays presets, pressing either the bank up or the bank down will display presets until you choose one.

15 minutes ago, codamedia said:

At the root of the problem, is understanding the 3 display modes and how to reach them.

• There is preset mode, stomp mode and snapshot mode
  • The MODE button swaps between "preset mode" and "stomp mode"

Well, this isn't the entire truth, it's just the default factory behaviour.

I have set my preferences to 10 stomps (I think that's a non-existing option on the LT, for whatever reasons) and the mode button to switch between those stomps and stomp/snaps which will give me 4 snapshots (1-4) and 4 stomp switches (2-5). In case I want all 8 snapshots I use the up/down switches simultaneously. I have set those to explicitely work as snapshot up/down switches, too (not because I'd use it but because I never want to accidentally switch a preset).

Edit: Whoops, you're actually mentioning this. Well, then take the above as a sort of addon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaschaFranck said:

Edit: Whoops, you're actually mentioning this. Well, then take the above as a sort of addon.

Yes - I'm glad you caught that. As you know the preset mode can be set any way you want it to be... but it's still referred to as the preset mode. 

It can be difficult to explain the options when there are so many options to choose from :)