Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Effect On Off Switches Reversing

williamjaywhalen

Hello,

This may be fixed in the latest firmware...but can someone let me know if a) this is fixed and b) if there is a fix/workaround.

I setup my patch to have several different levels of reverb.

1) Always on reverb

2) Wetter on top of the always on activated by a footswitch

3) Separate footswitch for very large sustain and even wetter

Settings 1 and 2 are on the same footswitch essentially...however I've noticed even though it's setup to have the always on setting active when the footswitch is not active (not lit up) it's flipping.  Sometimes the wetter setting will be on when the footswitch is off...and other times it'll work as I designed and the reverb will only kick into the wetter setting when I turn on the footswitch.

So, it seems like that specific setup is slipping the configuration and at times for no rhyme or reason.

Can someone let me know if this is a known bug or what the fix might be?

Bug Fixes in 2.82

• When a stomp footswitch is used to toggle a parameter’s min and max values, in some cases the dim/lit state of the LED could become inverted
  • After importing a preset, certain blocks could appear in HX Edit but may not appear in the hardware
  • In rare cases, selecting snapshots could result in an error
  • While in Snapshot footswitch mode, the first press of a Bank Up or Bank Down switch could sometimes function backwards
  • When Global Settings > Footswitches > Preset Mode Switches is set to "Stomp/Snap," copying snapshots could inadvertently switch to Snapshot mode
  • When Global Settings > MIDI/Tempo > Tempo Select is set to “Per Snapshot”, tempo-synced effects could respond as Authentic even when set to Transparent
  • Ptich/Synth > 3 OSC Synth, 3 Note Generator, and 4 OSC Generator models are louder than in 2.71. IMPORTANT! Regrettably, this will affect any presets containing these effects that were made since 2.80
  • On rare occasions, footswitches could become stuck in Snapshot mode
  • The Dynamics > LA Studio Comp could sometimes cause a drop in preset volume
  • Presets created before 2.80 containing 64 controller assignments could be unable to switch snapshots after 2.80
  • On rare occasions, scribble strips on the top row could duplicate that of the bottom row
  • When set to “Per Preset”, Variax string volume settings may not be properly recalled

4 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Bug Fixes in 2.82

• When a stomp footswitch is used to toggle a parameter’s min and max values, in some cases the dim/lit state of the LED could become inverted
  • After importing a preset, certain blocks could appear in HX Edit but may not appear in the hardware
  • In rare cases, selecting snapshots could result in an error
  • While in Snapshot footswitch mode, the first press of a Bank Up or Bank Down switch could sometimes function backwards
  • When Global Settings > Footswitches > Preset Mode Switches is set to "Stomp/Snap," copying snapshots could inadvertently switch to Snapshot mode
  • When Global Settings > MIDI/Tempo > Tempo Select is set to “Per Snapshot”, tempo-synced effects could respond as Authentic even when set to Transparent
  • Ptich/Synth > 3 OSC Synth, 3 Note Generator, and 4 OSC Generator models are louder than in 2.71. IMPORTANT! Regrettably, this will affect any presets containing these effects that were made since 2.80
  • On rare occasions, footswitches could become stuck in Snapshot mode
  • The Dynamics > LA Studio Comp could sometimes cause a drop in preset volume
  • Presets created before 2.80 containing 64 controller assignments could be unable to switch snapshots after 2.80
  • On rare occasions, scribble strips on the top row could duplicate that of the bottom row
  • When set to “Per Preset”, Variax string volume settings may not be properly recalled

Thank you.  I updated to 2.82 last night, but haven't tested if it fixed the bug. 

I'll report back later when I play.

It is sort of fixed for your 1) and 2). If it happens:

- unbind all controls from the footswitch, save.

- bind your controls to that footswitch, make sure in all snapshots the footswitch is off, save.

- then if you want the footswitch on (wetter) to be default on for a certain snapshot, set it, save.

For 3), it may still be buggy if you have two footswitches control the same parameter(s). Better to add another reverb after that and bind to that other footswitch.

OR you can use snapshots instead for different levels of reverb per snapshot. I'm using this method, let me know if you wanna try my preset, I can upload it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Meiannatee said:

For 3), it may still be buggy if you have two footswitches control the same parameter(s). Better to add another reverb after that and bind to that other footswitch.

You can't have two footswitches controlling the same parameter... You can have a parameter assigned to a footswitch and then have that parameter's values change per snapshot, but you've always only been able to have controller per parameter.

6 hours ago, phil_m said:

You can't have two footswitches controlling the same parameter... You can have a parameter assigned to a footswitch and then have that parameter's values change per snapshot, but you've always only been able to have controller per parameter.

You're right. I must have confused snapshot + footswitch with footswitch+footswitch. Thanks for spotting that.

Anyways @williamjaywhalen I'll upload the preset I'm using and you can modify from there.

• 2 weeks later...