Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Assigning controller to amp drive or volume does not work?

mara17

I tried to assign amp drive and amp volume to exp1 and exp2. Assigning goes ok but it does not work as it should. Sounds like amp is totally disabled, or at least sound is pretty similar as it would be without amp. And when turning bass-mid-treble knobs, display does not show any of the knob values.

Is this normal behaviour with HD500X?

1 hour ago, mara17 said:

I tried to assign amp drive and amp volume to exp1 and exp2. Assigning goes ok but it does not work as it should. Sounds like amp is totally disabled, or at least sound is pretty similar as it would be without amp. And when turning bass-mid-treble knobs, display does not show any of the knob values.

Is this normal behaviour with HD500X?

RkBqBSn.png

When you assign a parameter to a controller you have also to set its minimum and maximum settings (see the pic above here), otherwise if they are set to the same value the controller will do nothing.

When you move any of the POD amp knobs the screen switches to "momentary amp knobs display", but only if that function is enabled in the system setup settings (first page).

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

5 hours ago, hurghanico said:

When you assign a parameter to a controller you have also to set its minimum and maximum settings (see the pic above here), otherwise if they are set to the same value the controller will do nothing.

Yeah, I've set lower and upper limit properly. And it is not about controller doing nothing, but whole amp getting bypassed/disabled.

Question remains, does mapping amp drive or volume to exp work for you? I mean work properly, so that amp still works :-)

1 hour ago, mara17 said:

Question remains, does mapping amp drive or volume to exp work for you? I mean work properly, so that amp still works :-)

Yes, it always worked no problem on my old HD500.

When non sense behaviors of the POD happen, the medicine (if it works) is always the same:

global reset, necessarily followed by pedal calibration

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

15 hours ago, hurghanico said:

When non sense behaviors of the POD happen, the medicine (if it works) is always the same:

global reset, necessarily followed by pedal calibration

Just updated new firmware to it, and exp calibrated.

31 minutes ago, mara17 said:

Just updated new firmware to it, and exp calibrated.

it seems that you missed the gloabl reset

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

3 hours ago, mara17 said:

Did also that.

At this point it seems probable that your POD has an hardware problem, and if so it needs to be serviced to go back to normal operation.

If you didn't already, open a support ticket to speak directly with the Line6 official support guys in the hope of finding the best solution.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Yes, I have a setlist of morphing patches. I used it as a toggle mostly to two tones on the same amp...morphed drive, tonestack, channel volume, fx settings...basically, scenes...a real pain to tweak. never had the problem of the amp disabling...Have you tried it with Edit disconnected? I only say that because I never tweak with Edit...I only use it as a patch/setlist manager to name them, reorder and backup...

11 hours ago, spaceatl said:

Yes, I have a setlist of morphing patches. I used it as a toggle mostly to two tones on the same amp...morphed drive, tonestack, channel volume, fx settings...basically, scenes...a real pain to tweak. never had the problem of the amp disabling...Have you tried it with Edit disconnected? I only say that because I never tweak with Edit...I only use it as a patch/setlist manager to name them, reorder and backup...

Yes, tried even that. Lets see what Line6 support says.

Are you 100% certain that the toe switch is not assigned to the amp? IOW have you selected the amp, held down Enter and insured that the amp has no buttons assigned? I guessing you have checked this as you seems to have covered everything. was just a thought as the toe switch implicitly controls with expression controller is turned on...if somehow that got assigned to the amp, I could see how it might disable unexpectedly. just a thought.