Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Option to avoid Joystick rotation change unless selected?

OmniFace

I very frequently find that when I'm trying to navigate around the screen with the joystick that I accidentally spin it.  This causes the model currently under the cursor to change, and I may not even be aware that I changed the model until after I saved a preset.

Is there any way to make it so that you have to first press the joystick or something to select it before allowing the rotation to change the model? 

I assume no, but wanted to check before I popped the request onto ideascale.

There's a global setting (as of v2.8 I believe) that allows you to specify that rotating the joystick knob will let you navigate left/right along the signal chain and select the adjacent block rather than changing the model selection of the current block.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, silverhead said:

There's a global setting (as of v2.8 I believe) that allows you to specify that rotating the joystick knob will let you navigate left/right along the signal chain and select the adjacent block rather than changing the model selection of the current block.

Wow!!! Never knew this... I must have missed some of the update notes.  Dohhhh

13 hours ago, silverhead said:

Awesome I'll check it out!

Hands down one of the best navigation-related updates in the history of Helix to date.

I've done the same thing as the OP - as I'm certain MANY of us have... once this option became available, I absolutely immediately changed it in Global Settings to the new option.

This very thing has driven me nuts since I started using the Helix.  I've used Boss ME effects units for years (and I still do) and on their units you navigate the chain by rotating a knob.  Consequently,  I often turn the knob by accident on the Helix went my intention is to navigate to another block.  Turning the knob not only changes the effect of the current block, but when you turn the knob back to the effect you were on, all of your settings are lost because it reverts to the default settings.  The new Joystick setting is a welcome update that I was unaware of.