Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp NOISY when I add my external OD pedals?

pablo72p

Hi all,

loving my Stomp so far, but I’m finding it difficult to add my external OD pedals without a ton of hiss and buzzing noise.

pretty much unusable with all the noise I am getting! I have added Noise Gate to my input and signal within the HX Stomp as well!

My current signal is >Guitar into my OD pedal, >then OD pedal into HX Stomp L/Mono Input. 

Any tips for connecting or adjusting my settings, to get rid of all the noise in my signal when my OD pedal is engaged?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys! Thx

Going into the Stomp's main input shouldn't really add any noise. Putting an OD pedal in the Stomp's effects loop can add some noise, but you're not doing that... Do you have the input set to instrument level? Are you using a high gain amp model on the Stomp? That will definitely increase the noise floor.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue. Prior to getting the stomp, never had a noise problem with my OD pedals, or amp. No noise problems when I'm NOT using my OD pedals into the stomp. 

-Guitar > OD > stomp > amp = noisy. (With or without the noise gate activated within the stomp)

The noise level fluctuates up and down, but it's always there when using this signal path.