Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT: default screen view after using tuner

ebodave

Hi. When I switch off the tuner on the Helix LT, it always defaults back to the Signal Flow View and not Performance View. Any ideas how I can fix this?

(I looked around the forums and saw someone posted this issue a couple of years back. They didn't get any response, but said they'd solved it by reinstalling software, which I have no idea how to do.)

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

You should update your firmware to the latest version 2.82. Here are the update instrucionts. Follow them carefully!! Note that you should follow the second set of instructions:

Updating to 2.82 from 2.71 or Earlier (READ ME!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ebodave said:

Hi...It's 2.12.2

The tuner return problem may have been a bug specific to that version number but in reality you shouldn't still be on that version. 

You are missing out on many of the Helix best features. You would do yourself a huge favor updating to 2.82 as suggested above by @silverhead

Thanks for the suggestion...I will take a look and report back! To be frank, I'm not very techy at all - I bought the LT because it appeared to solve a bunch of logistical issues, and the thought of bugs/needing to upgrade firmware gives me the heebie jeebies. I'm also surprised there's no mention of this in the (otherwise excellent) user guide that came with the LT. Anyone else feel this way, or am I the sole technophobe in the Helix gang?

You're not the only one who gets the heebie jeebies; not by a long shot. There is a very brief mention of firmware updates on page 51 of the manual - the intro paragraph of the Global Settings section.

I know the update instructions are intimidating. But that's because they are very detailed and written for the trepidatious.Just read them carefully and follow them exactly.  Be brave!! And don't hesitate to come back here with any questions or difficulties. You can't harm the device irreperably - it is always recoverable. You will be able to get the job done!

6 hours ago, ebodave said:

Thanks for the suggestion...I will take a look and report back! To be frank, I'm not very techy at all - I bought the LT because it appeared to solve a bunch of logistical issues, and the thought of bugs/needing to upgrade firmware gives me the heebie jeebies. I'm also surprised there's no mention of this in the (otherwise excellent) user guide that came with the LT. Anyone else feel this way, or am I the sole technophobe in the Helix gang?

If you bought the unit new from a Line 6 dealer, they might update if for you if you ask them nicely.

If you bought it online, or used - that's option may not be available. 

3 hours ago, rockridgerec said:

Same problem here, but I'm at 2.82. 

Odd.... that is not happening here. 

Maybe a global reset will help. 

Holding footswitch 5+6 on boot restores Global parameters

This should not touch any presets or IR's... but you should always make a backup before any of these types of procedures.

21 hours ago, codamedia said:

Maybe a global reset will help. 

Holding footswitch 5+6 on boot restores Global parameters

Resetting globals fixed the problem! I also found that I hadn't noticed that I had my global setting for "preset mode switches" set to "Stomp/Snap" but it was displaying as 8 snapshots. So something was definitely honked up in there and resetting the globals fixed that too.

Thanks folks!

• Like 1