Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Relay G10 transmitter won't charge or light up

seppijuice

without the transmitter the base has a slow while pulse. Insert the transmitter into the base and the base does a quick red pulse. The transmitter does noting. No lights at all. No matter how long I keep the transmitter plugged into the base it doesn't seem to help. There is noting transmitted when plugged into any guitar. I've used many different adapters and also left the transmitter plugged into a guitar to try and deplete all charge to start a new fresh charge. Noting seems to make the transmitter light up green, red white etc. Also when I try and update the firmware the updater shows there are no updates even though I'm at V1.0. 

I've downloaded V1.3 and V1.4 and the installer will not update my G10. Anyone else have this happen?

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 4.22.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 4.22.56 PM.png

IMG_2849.JPG

Edited by seppijuice
removed pics that wouldn't preview and added a new one.

Relay G10 Complete

Yes!!!

I have the same problems you had noticed!!! 

When i conect the transmitter to the base the red light of both of them flashes and after couple of second the red light 

of the transmitter going of till it off completely!!!

Any idea??? Somebody? Line Six Maybe??? 

Than'x , Yoav.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Used perfectly 2 years and last week updated the latest firmware without reading lots of topic in this forum, and now my G10T cant charge, it blink red always
I think Line6 should relase the newer firmware to fix that, especially alot of user have same issue like this.

I've just got a brand new one, and it never worked. 

I've upgraded the firmware of both Transmitter and Receiver, and now, it blinks green for a while, sometimes the green led of the transmitter get full green, but after a while it starts blinking red, and then it stops blinking.

Did you guys got any response about this issue? Did you get to the conclusion if it's battery or a software problem?

On 7/20/2020 at 10:57 AM, theddeu_ said:

I've just got a brand new one, and it never worked. 

I've upgraded the firmware of both Transmitter and Receiver, and now, it blinks green for a while, sometimes the green led of the transmitter get full green, but after a while it starts blinking red, and then it stops blinking.

Did you guys got any response about this issue? Did you get to the conclusion if it's battery or a software problem?

It's one of the glitches of the new firmware. Software problem, to "fix" a battery problem... in other words, garbage. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same issue of the first post, receiver flashing red, transmitter fading from red to off.

I opened a ticket with Line6 Support and they told me this:

"Please try to repeat the update: first the receiver (v1.01), then the transmitter (v1.05), and see if that helps: https://line6.com/g10recall/#english".

Well, it worked and now the transmitter led works as expected. And transmitter itself does.

Thank you, Line 6 Support Europe

• 3 months later...

I had same kind of issues today. But after I put the charger/receiver to usb port instead of the usb charger came with relay G10, it started to charge again. Still the light of the receiver worked, but it didn't charge the transmitter. Just wanted to let you know, if the same solution could help some of you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/28/2022 at 3:55 PM, popdad said:

same issue here, first some red blinking on the transmitter, but not charging anymore. Now no power anymore, no LED

any fix , guess the battery is dead ?

I recommend you raise a support ticket with Line 6  - I'm pretty confident they'll arrange to change it for you.

• 5 months later...

I had the same problem with a unit I just bought new on Ebay 2023, which had the G10Tii transmitter.  I got it to work by updating the firmware (1.05 I believe), but a twist was involved.  I registered it (already had an account for a Helix).  Then connected G10 Relay to windows 10 computer and ran Line 6 Updater.  Updater found the G10 Relay with option to update it. I ran the updater for both receiver and transmitter.  Tried it again.  Still the same as mentioned in thread.  Searched Downloads and found a 2.05 update specifically for G10Tii Transmitter.  Downloaded it (a .WUF file).  This time when I ran the updater, I selected the choose file option, and selected the .WUF.  This ran but produced and error. Wah Wah..I was like..WTF Line 6???  I then disconnected the unit again, ran the Line 6 Updater, then plugged G10 Relay back in. THIS time, instead of just showing a singel Relay G10, it showed Relay G10 AND G10Tii.  Two items instead of one.  Aha, on to something!  So I selected the G10Tii listing and ran the Updater on it.  BoomPow!  Now charging normally and working.  Very fustrating but there you go.  It seems that by default the Updater sees the G10 Relay unit as one unit and will not detect the difference in Transmitter until you download the file for this specific transmitter.  Not sure what the error was when loading the file, but as we say in IT....have you tried rebooting?  Winner winner chicken dinner!

Edited by patlrampros
some spelling / grammer errors

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/3/2023 at 9:25 PM, jsclaser98 said:

3 hours wasted.... the base just blinks red the transmitter does nothing.... garbage. Support ticket opened.

I have made a few ( far more than 3 ) attempts trying to get this G10 to work and quite frankly will  steer clear of any Line 6/ Helix/ Yamaha product(s) . Beyond junk...