Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp - Managing Volume Between Snapshots

tforest

Hi, Newbee HX Stomp question here.  

I love the concept of Snapshots but am struggling managing the volume between the three. For example I downloaded Clean to Lead from Custom Tone.  Snapshot 1 is  a clean tone, #2 includes added distortion and other effects, and #3 is the same original tone with added drive and  effects sufficient for a lead.  Right now #1 is very shallow and I can hardly hear it, while the lead tone on #3 is way too loud.  #2 on the other hand is perfect volume.  

If I go to #1 and increase volume parameters, the changes I make there impact all the other Snapshots. 

I would like to independently configure the volume on one Snapshot so that it doesn't impact the other Snapshots.  Is that possible? Or should I not bother with Snapshots and instead create three separate tones in A/B/C that are completely independent of each other and where I can adjust the volume to my liking on each?

Thanks

Any parameters you want to have change per snapshot have to be assigned to a controller. If you only want them to change with snapshots, assign them to the Snapshot Controller. On the unit, the shortcut to do that is to push and turn the knob under the parameter. You'll see the parameter turn white. Now you can assign a different value in each snapshot.

image.png.9dcd669ca330934f48edd8b306747837.png

As far as leveling different snapshots, there's a number of different ways you could do it, but I think the easiest way is to assign the Level parameter in the Output block to the Snapshot Controller.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I had problems with different parameter settings for snapshots in the editor.

Just press "Alt + left mouseclick" on the parameters value in the editor and it turns from red to [white].

Now you can make changes for each snapshot independently.

Save the preset. Done.

Didn´t find this in the manual (but could have overseen it).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elephantstomp said:

I had problems with different parameter settings for snapshots in the editor.

Just press "Alt + left mouseclick" on the parameters value in the editor and it turns from red to [white].

Now you can make changes for each snapshot independently.

Save the preset. Done.

Didn´t find this in the manual (but could have overseen it).

It's in the HX Edit manual, not the Helix manual. See pg 49 Inspector Window Shortcuts.