Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G70 Receiver USB port non functional

pir8matt

Hi, I have a G70 receiver that I had stopped using a couple years back because of dropout issues. I recently picked up a couple of G75's that I use for backline stuff, and they also had dropout issues, but started working acceptably once I did the most recent firmware updates. 

So I circled back to the G70 unit, hoping I could update it as well and get some better performance out of it, but when I attached the USB cable to it, the updater wouldn't see it. I noticed that the cable felt kind of loose, so I opened the unit up and can see that the micro USB connector has largely detached itself from the PCB inside (see photo). 

Is this repairable? Will Line6 repair these or does anyone know of an aftermarket solution to have this repaired? The unit is basically non-updatable without this port. I did update the transmitter but I suspect both would need to be updated to see better performance. 

g70.jpg