Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Gearbox Is Dead, What A Shame.

GregTBD

I have the x3 live too. I can't believe it. Anywhere i can find gearbox???

This is the link to the Gearbox download. I have it installed on a Win 10 laptop and it still works for me. I see they state, "OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8" but it works for me on Win 10.

GearBox       Gearbox Installer Version 3.72

Released 3/16/10

Works with:

GuitarPort

POD Studio GX

POD Studio KB37

POD Studio UX1

POD Studio UX2

POD X3

POD X3 Live

POD X3 Pro

PODxt

PODxt Live

PODxt Pro

TonePort DI-Gold

TonePort DI-Silver

TonePort GX

TonePort KB37

TonePort UX1

TonePort UX2

TonePort UX8

This version of GearBox includes drivers which support Windows 7.

This single installer includes a complete software package for GuitarPort, TonePort, PODxt and POD X3 devices. It includes the GearBox application (v3.72), device drivers (v4.0.2.3) for all supported devices, the Line 6 Monkey intelligent updater (v1.33) and Control Panel (v3.41).

See the GearBox manuals page for step-by-step installation instructions and detailed setup info for use with many recording applications. Full release notes are available here.

For owners of eligible Line 6 hardware (other than TonePort DI Silver or Gold Plug-in Bundle or TonePort UX8) plug-in processing requires the purchase and activation of a license from the Line 6 Online Store.

OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 ( 68.00 MB ) Get Download

I just noticed this.Corrupt software downloads on some Windows computers

Feb 23 2016 03:19 PM | Line6Tony in General FAQ

corrupt software download windows explorer prevent

After investigating claims of customers experiencing trouble when downloading software from www.Line6.com/software, we have discovered that Microsoft has changed/updated their methods for validating software downloaded from the internet.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32288.windows-enforcement-of-authenticode-code-signing-and-timestamping.aspx

The Smart Screen Feature in Internet Explorer 11 / Edge (see image below) appears to corrupt Windows downloads from our website. When this feature is disabled, the download appears to be fine. We suggest momentarily disabling this feature when downloading from our site. Our web team is investigating changes to our website that would resolve this issue. We advise that you contact our support team via a ticket at www.Line6.com/support/tickets if you continue to have difficulties with our site.

ccs-411956-0-30867700-1456255718_thumb.p

• 2 months later...

Dude, I really hate to tell you this but a new version of Gearbox probably will never happen. The best to hope for would be a work around from our talent pool here.

Thank you Bill. I will hope for our talented guys. Maybe they will come up with something interesting and I will be able to install Gear Box on my OS Sierra system.

• 3 months later...

its available and its fine for most users....

it just simply wont be updated any more...

not going away... just at the is what it is point in its life....

its never been renamed or anything like what you suggest... there are just other programs available.

Sorry for bringing up an old post, but I just ran into the Gear Box issue not quite working correctly.  Relative to this post from TheRealZap, you say, "there are just other programs."  What other programs are you talking about relative to X3 patch editing and X3 tone management?

On 1/22/2017 at 9:40 PM, richmaes said:

Sorry for bringing up an old post, but I just ran into the Gear Box issue not quite working correctly.  Relative to this post from TheRealZap, you say, "there are just other programs."  What other programs are you talking about relative to X3 patch editing and X3 tone management?

You can use Pod Farm for free > This should be the download link > http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=3143

You can use Pod Farm 2, I'm not sure if it's free though but you can try > this should be the download link > http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=6479

I'm using Pod Farm 2 but it came with a KB37 Studio when I bought it new. I'm pretty sure it worked with my X3 Pro too and I'm using Win 10.

I have to add that it should be easier to just plug in your device USB, open Line 6 Monkey, let monkey update first and then check for updates for your device.

• 2 years later...

Apologies for dragging up an old post.  After several years of not playing, I agreed to help a band add to their sound and dug out my POD X3 live.

Being time constrained, I find that optimising tones manually is too time consuming.  But in the back of my mind, I knew that downloading a CustomTone -- USB lead --- click ---> job done was possible.

Now I find "Gearbox is Dead" and doesn't like my Mac OS, unless I backtrack drivers and OSX.

So... my question is... are there any other editors available which I can use to add CustomTone downloads to my POD X3 Live?

Thank you all very much in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've scanned this thread, but did not see exactly my issue with this.  I have a POD X3 Live, and had used Gearbox to customize settings.  I lost Gearbox when I went to Windows 10 on a new laptop.  I found an archived version for Windows 10, but Windows complains about it not being a 64 bit driver (I'm running Windows 10 x64). Anyone had success getting a version of Gearbox to work with W10 x64?

• 5 months later...

Just acquired a win 10 laptop.. encountered similar problems.

Solution was to right click on the Gearbox 3.72 .exe (which I had fortunately saved from the previous laptop) and select the compatibility option from the menu.. follow the prompts and it installs and works with my old PODXTlive.

• 1 month later...

I'm in a similar boat. Been using the X3 live since 2009 but it's been quite some time since I downloaded new tones. I recently had the itch to see what tones were out there for download but was disappointed to find out Gearbox no longer worked in my current Mac OS. I've been chatting with people about this issue on TGP (though I was mistakenly referring to Line 6 edit, when what I really wanted was Gearbox). The only solution I can see is running a virtual machine with an older OS that was compatible with Line 6 Monkey and Gearbox. Going to give that a try and see how it goes.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, BrenTravis said:

Hi everyone. I followed Brazzy's link today and my POD X3 Live is working with Gearbox on Windows 10. I really appreciate you posting the link. Thanks a lot Brazzy.

Glad it helped Man! My Pod X3 Pro is still going strong too.

Happy Thanksgiving to You and Everyone!

Keep on Rockin!