Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G55 transmission range and interference

hugowatts

Alright, this is a bit of a stretch but I'm curious what the people here have to suggest. Here's my situation :

I use a G55 right now. I managed to custom made fit it under my pedalboard with antennas hanging out. I got the G55 because I compared the system to the G50 and the G70. Both the 50 and 70 had less operating range than the 55 in the same building with the same conditions, etc.

I play in different regions in the world (that's why I went with 2.4Ghz) mainly North America, Europe, Japan. The main act is somekind of circus performance, sometimes I need a good clean 100' of operating range for my performance. I'm often far from my pedalboard or suspended in the air. Other gigs are more standard but I still run in the crowd and around changing rooms away from my gear.

Both the distance or bodies and walls contribute to a potential dropout I know that. The WiFi strength sometimes are through the roofs everywhere and the channels are almost all filled. But even if there is a lot of potential interference. When I perform under 15-20' range from the antennas, everything is 100% fine.

My concern is if I add something like an BNC extension cable between the antenna and the G55 in troublesome venues and I temporarily tape the antenna as close as I can to my performance would it be a savior ? Just to reduce the distance and get away from other wifi stuff

An extension like this :   https://www.itfactory.ca/mmnox-ex03s-3-meter-antenna-extension-cable-black?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjOrtBRCcARIsAEq4rW6KmiEaao97SFHuFHkW0lyZHPL6Vm1fT4L-xmwLIVSyVHjYI5RcjacaAqmWEALw_wcB#fo_c=79&fo_k=c1421b29a422f7162abc66fe28cbd452&fo_s=gplaca

Would it work ? I don't know the electrical voltages that goes in these antennas but adding a resistance (the cable) could affect the functionality ? Also, would I need to do this to both antennas ?