Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Am I missing something?

Beacher

In regards to the Line 6 Spider V Editing Software …

It seems strange to me, that in this modern age of technology, where associated documentation is required for understanding technical details and operating procedures, that Line 6 Spider V users are basically required to “figure it out for themselves”. I am still looking for the “documentation” pertaining to the Line 6 Spider V editing software?? It seems that the relevant users of said software have been promoted to “unpaid beta testers” …. or … am I missing something?

Agree..

In the current SPider V MKII manual it says :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For iOS and Android Mobile Devices - The Spider V Remote mobile app for iOS and Android devices allows you to search the cloud for thousands of tones and download them to your “My Tones” library, as well as to edit and manage presets on your Spider V. Please see the Spider Remote Pilot's Guide, available for download at https://line6.com/manuals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the intention of having this guide is there, but the guide itself is nowhere to be found....

Sorry, but it has ALWAYS been the Line 6 problem - user manuals, instructions, etc are very basic - at best - and they make you rely on other user's youtubes, etc.  Thought when Yamaha bought them out things would change, but no....

Documentation for products like this is so important but in this case it seems to have taken very back seat? Maybe more to the point, it is back in the trailer behind the vehicle with the rest of the band equipment? ... or ... is just doesn't exist at all?? (which we know to be mostly the case already). I've figured out most of it but I shouldn't have had to figure out anything. That is my point. I know a lot of you out there have commented on this issue in other posts. I think the company designs and makes the product then shovels it into the market place as fast as possible to try and recoup production costs. Operational documentation falls by the wayside as it is complicated and time consuming to produce. I wonder if they bank on the aspect of forum users to free beta test and document as they do here? Kinda feels like is to me. Anyways, it is what it is and we just need to help each other out here as many have done already. I do feel sorry for the poor buyer who may not have a high degree of technical skills to try and wade through all the stuff in these amps. I don't know about most of you, but I feel 90% of the presets in the Spider V's (as I did for the Spider IV's) are more about "examples" of capabilities rather than actual usable performance presets? One poster in another thread said that he just erases all the presets and builds his own. I kind of feel the same. I do like the Spider V though. It is a big bang for the buck as long as you can get your head around how to work it.

Off my soap box.

• 3 weeks later...