Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Pedal Calibration Problem

stryknyne

Just got the 500x today and am trying to setup the pedal calibration. I have tried to calibrate it according to the directions in the manual and when i get to the automatic selection of the Scaled pedal value I should be getting values from 0-255. The lowest value i am able to get is a 14 while in the heel position and that is with the pedal in the absolute most bottomed out position. Am i missing something here? Unless i take a file and file down the stop that the rubber pad is mounted on i cannot get a 0 reading.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured it out. There was a washer that wasnt installed correctly at the factory that was binding things up.

Bonjour,

I have mine from 3 weeks, and i got the same probleme .

I've upgraded the firmware, but  the scaled is still  "14" instead of "0"

What do you mean with "a washer wasn't installed correctly...",

and what have you done to correct?

TBA

Kjp

I am having the same problem but mine goes to a minimum of 37 at the heel position. Has anyone found a solution? I don't see any obvious mechanical issues.

UPDATE...ok this was my issue...

In the POD HD500X Pilot's Guide - Revision C : Under Pedal Calibration : Step 5 states "If you get values other than 0 and 255, power off and repeat these steps, starting at step 1."

When I powered off without going to step 6, I would continually  get a minimum reading of 37 at the heel position. 

I eventually tried going to step 6, saved the setting, and then repeated the calibration process. The values were then correct (0 - 255).

Hope this helps.

~D

• Upvote 2

I thought Line 6 had fixed this issue in the POD HD500X.
2 years ago I created a topic about this issue in the POD HD500 (I don't know where is it).

I solved the issue opening the POD and unscrewing the two sensors screws of the pedal and cleaning it with a paper soft handkerchief.

Today I think that the issue was fixed not by the cleaning, but by the fact of unscrewing and screwing back the two sensors screws.

Anyway, is inadmissible that Line 6 had not fixed this issue in a new product.

Just got the 500x today and am trying to setup the pedal calibration. I have tried to calibrate it according to the directions in the manual and when i get to the automatic selection of the Scaled pedal value I should be getting values from 0-255. The lowest value i am able to get is a 14 while in the heel position and that is with the pedal in the absolute most bottomed out position. Am i missing something here? Unless i take a file and file down the stop that the rubber pad is mounted on i cannot get a 0 reading.

I have similar problems every time I re-calibrate my HD500 after a fw update - very frustrating and I would re-calibrate several times trying to get the 0 and 255 values.   Initially I tried my best to push down hard at both extremes to try to get the 0 minimum and 255 maximum values - but the last time I re-calibrated I gently moved the pedal to both extremes with my foot and di not press hard and that seemed to do the trick.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Yep, this is another issue mine is now giving me.  I get readouts of 46-255, so I am losing around 20% of the range according to those figures.  

My unit is definitely the lemon in the batch with all the crap it has done in the last two days alone, but there have been faults since the day I got it.  

So far with the exception of one of my variax guitars and my newest 30w spider practice combo, every other piece of kit I have owned by these guys (or used that my mates owned) has been problematic.  Series 2 head, died completely, the next combo, also died completely, repaired died again.  My Bogner Spider combo, more headaches than a chick with PMS, an earlier Kidney Pod, worked when it wanted to, one of my variax guitars has been in for repairs a couple times in the last year alone.  These are not cheap low end toys, they are marketed as professional stage equipment.

This one the HD500x, software issues crashes in my Macbook, wiping every piece of relevant data in the machine and the macbook at the same time, gets stuck on blue screen, now this, and I have had it less than a month, (over a week of which I was not even here to use it)  

Sadly reliability issues seem to plague the L6 Equipment, which sucks because when they work well, they sound freaking brilliant.

• 8 months later...

I am having the same problem but mine goes to a minimum of 37 at the heel position. Has anyone found a solution? I don't see any obvious mechanical issues.

In the POD HD500X Pilot's Guide - Revision C : Under Pedal Calibration : Step 5 states "If you get values other than 0 and 255, power off and repeat these steps, starting at step 1."

When I powered off without going to step 6, I would continually  get a minimum reading of 37 at the heel position. 

I eventually tried going to step 6, saved the setting, and then repeated the calibration process. The values were then correct (0 - 255).

Hope this helps.

~D

This solution worked for me as well.

• Upvote 1

Just recently I updated my HD500 to v2.62 and had to re-calibrate the expression pedal. Had this same issue again as I had tried it before on previous fw updates and had issues.  Last time just gently manipulating pedal got around it for me, but this time it wasn't having any of it. On the 3rd attempt, I pressed the C button and got the wrong readings, so I pressed it again and tried again, and then again and suddenly the figures changed to 0 to 255.  I know?  Go figure.  Anyway - that got me around the issue too.  No idea why the process is so flakey!

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

This meathod worked for me! Thank you!!

Hope this helps.

~D

• 5 months later...

I have similar problems every time I re-calibrate my HD500 after a fw update - very frustrating and I would re-calibrate several times trying to get the 0 and 255 values.   Initially I tried my best to push down hard at both extremes to try to get the 0 minimum and 255 maximum values - but the last time I re-calibrated I gently moved the pedal to both extremes with my foot and di not press hard and that seemed to do the trick.

That helped with my HD 500x too! Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

I've encountered the same pedal calibration troubles, from a second-hand unit, just bought recently. That finally was relating to a loose connection between the pedal PCB and the main PCB.

Here's what you've got to know :

- you can download the manuals here : http://line6.com/support/manuals/podhd500x

- If you need to reset your unit to the Factory Setup, you have to make it via USB from a computer running the "Line 6 Monkey" software (here V1.75 Mac = http://line6.com/getrelease?rid=7732)

- once updated, you have to run the Global Reset : while holding the left arrow by the screen, plug the power chord. It looks to start normally, with no message, but I assume it worked...(?)

- once reset, you have to run the Calibration Process :

- while holding the right arrow by the screen, plug the power chord and wait for the Calibration screen to appear

- Then you see a list displaying all the unit actuators by kind : pedal, pots, encoders, switches and so on.

- Hit "view" to enter any kind that you may access via the up and down arrow

- Once in one kind of actuator you can test each of them, that will return a "11" display when it worked fine. NB : the actuator list is in odd order, no real logic here, go random and one by one. When one is faulty, it would stay as 00, 01 or 10.

- the Pedal is special, requiring to play with the A, B, C and D footswitches to make it complete (see details in manuals).

- IF 0 TO 255 never happen totally when you moving the pedal after the C switching, even after several attempts, open the unit (removing the 6 screws) and check the 6-wire cable that goes from the pedal PCB and the main PCB. They put some glue to ensure it, but mine was half-unplugged. While it's open and back in place, make sure it's the right trouble shooting. After that, I secured the connection with a tie rap around it. I suspect this connection to be sensitive to movements and vibrations, especially on stage with sub frequencies.

- once done all of that, my unit went totally back to normal...

Hope this help !

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/4/2014 at 2:34 AM, RunningBeat said:

Hope this helps.

~D

... as some of you before me - that helped with my POD HD 500 - thanks ...!!!

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

I’ve tried so many tricks to get it fully worked but it didn’t works. The calibration wasn’t working at all but I finally got the 0 to 255. However, there is no mid term when I use the EXP 1 or EXP 2, or volume is 0% or is 100%.
Any suggestion on how to have volume/ wash effect set according with the pedal level?

thanks