Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 v remote won't open

Jzng3030

I downloaded the remote program for windows 10. I installed it with no problems, but when I try to open the program nothing happens. The Line 6 spider logo pops up then disappears .. How do I fix this, anyone had the same problem? I also have an old Iphone with the Line 6 remote app and that doesn't work either. I at least want to get the remote working on my laptop. Some one help please?

The amp is up to date.

• Upvote 1

On 11/2/2019 at 9:01 PM, jimmyd442 said:

My spider remote On my iPhone won’t connect to/recognize my Spider V20.  I’m using my iPhone charge cable and a female/female usb adaptor.  Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?  

What kind of USB adapter?   

AN iPhone needs a good "camera connection kit" , attached to the iPhone, and from that "Connection kit" device a normal USB cable .

The spider V30 and up amplifiers canbe connected using the charging cables straight away to connect to connector at the back of the amplifier, but the V20 needs a Camera connection kit and an USB cable ... 

On 11/5/2019 at 12:40 PM, WildVines said:

I talked to Cody at Line 6, he was very helpful.  It appears to be some sort of issue with some Windows 10 devices, in my case, a PC. Luckily I had a Dell Windows 10 laptop and was able to get V Remote to work. 

How did you get it to work on windows 10?

18 hours ago, Jzng3030 said:

How did you get it to work on windows 10?

I have had no problems with this,

Started with these Line 6 drivers : "Line 6 Driver2 , Version 1.91 , Released 9/13/18" download and install"

Then  i  instaaled the "Iine 6 updater"

Then connected the Spider V60 to my PC through USB

Then i ran the Updater to update the V60 to V2.0 ( so now its an MKII ..)

The i downloaded the newest Remote softeware and installed it with the Amp NOT connecrted.

Then i connected the Spider V60 (MKII now..).

then i restarted my lapto and started Spider Remote.

And now alls is working fine...

On 11/7/2019 at 8:21 AM, czhr10 said:

I have had no problems with this,

Started with these Line 6 drivers : "Line 6 Driver2 , Version 1.91 , Released 9/13/18" download and install"

Then  i  instaaled the "Iine 6 updater"

Then connected the Spider V60 to my PC through USB

Then i ran the Updater to update the V60 to V2.0 ( so now its an MKII ..)

The i downloaded the newest Remote softeware and installed it with the Amp NOT connecrted.

Then i connected the Spider V60 (MKII now..).

then i restarted my lapto and started Spider Remote.

And now alls is working fine...

Tried those steps. Still not working. I'm going to try updating all the drivers for all the devices on my laptop and see if that changes anything.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 4:14 AM, Spidermanuel said:

I've the same problem. I've installed the software both on windows 7 and on windows 10 laptop...but it doesn't work.

I've solved installing the previous version of the software. It works fine.

Is it an issue w USB2 vs USB3? Some devices don't like USB3 ports. USB3 ports are often colored BLUE for just that reason. 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:10 PM, colek98 said:

Is it an issue w USB2 vs USB3? Some devices don't like USB3 ports. USB3 ports are often colored BLUE for just that reason. 

The Spider is connected to the PC using an USB 2 cable.

I don't understand why the previous version of the software works fine and the last doesn't work...

• 1 month later...

Same problem here. Windows 10. Starts, splash screen and just disappears. Crashes. Glad (or not) to read more people have an issue, so it is not just my PC. Line6 pls provide a fix for this pls. 

I have an old tablet running Android 7 and the Spider Remote works fine with same cable, same amp etc. So the bug is in the PC or PC software. 

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem here. Since last week I have a new Desktop tower with new Windows 10 pro and all the upgrades.

Remote does not work anymore on this pc, it starts, I see the displayed spider and then disappears. Tried all updates etc. 

Tried several usb slots., even tried installing guitar rig 5 but that gave other problems with dll files.... 

Before I had Windows 10 Home Edition and then it worked properly.

I soon will investigate if my old pc still works with that exe remote app....

my spider remote 2.00 works fine for 1 year on win 10, but last week i got an update in windows and since then, no chance to open 
remote 2.00

and i think the amp sounds different with the older remote, but there is no cab options....im really really pissed about that and since that i cant use the spider V....

the amp wiithout remote control is useless....

Hi, last Friday I promised to investigate...

today I tested my old pc with windows 10 Home version 100.19041

Line 6 Updater v1.19 Installer   

Spider V Remote 2.00 Installer

The remote works !

My new pc with Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19042

same Line 6 installers

does not start, ...

A few seconds the black cobweb with the spider appears and then it disappears! 

yes i think thats the problem...... Ive had WIN 10 for 1 Year on my Laptop....when you upgrade to WIN 10 Pro or the newest Version the Spider Remote doesnt work anymore....

i pray that line 6 will fix this.....i dont believe that microsoft will fix that^^ My problem : I cant go back with windows

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 7:10 PM, colek98 said:

That was exactly the problem I had. I just changed to USB2 port and the software startet. Thank you!