Sign in to follow this  
Jzng3030

Line 6 v remote won't open

I downloaded the remote program for windows 10. I installed it with no problems, but when I try to open the program nothing happens. The Line 6 spider logo pops up then disappears .. How do I fix this, anyone had the same problem? I also have an old Iphone with the Line 6 remote app and that doesn't work either. I at least want to get the remote working on my laptop. Some one help please?

The amp is up to date.

My spider remote On my iPhone won’t connect to/recognize my Spider V20.  I’m using my iPhone charge cable and a female/female usb adaptor.  Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?  

I talked to Cody at Line 6, he was very helpful.  It appears to be some sort of issue with some Windows 10 devices, in my case, a PC. Luckily I had a Dell Windows 10 laptop and was able to get V Remote to work. 

On 11/2/2019 at 9:01 PM, jimmyd442 said:

My spider remote On my iPhone won’t connect to/recognize my Spider V20.  I’m using my iPhone charge cable and a female/female usb adaptor.  Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?  

What kind of USB adapter?   

AN iPhone needs a good "camera connection kit" , attached to the iPhone, and from that "Connection kit" device a normal USB cable .

The spider V30 and up amplifiers canbe connected using the charging cables straight away to connect to connector at the back of the amplifier, but the V20 needs a Camera connection kit and an USB cable ... 

I still haven't fixed the problem. I have an older laptop with windows 7 that i'll try. Sucks that the software is incompatible with so many devices.. Android, Iphone, and PC... You guys at Line 6 need to fix this ..

On 11/5/2019 at 12:40 PM, WildVines said:

I talked to Cody at Line 6, he was very helpful.  It appears to be some sort of issue with some Windows 10 devices, in my case, a PC. Luckily I had a Dell Windows 10 laptop and was able to get V Remote to work. 

How did you get it to work on windows 10?

18 hours ago, Jzng3030 said:

How did you get it to work on windows 10?

I have had no problems with this,

Started with these Line 6 drivers : "Line 6 Driver2 , Version 1.91 , Released 9/13/18" download and install"

Then  i  instaaled the "Iine 6 updater"

Then connected the Spider V60 to my PC through USB

Then i ran the Updater to update the V60 to V2.0 ( so now its an MKII ..)

The i downloaded the newest Remote softeware and installed it with the Amp NOT connecrted.

Then i connected the Spider V60 (MKII now..).

then i restarted my lapto and started Spider Remote.

And now alls is working fine...

On 11/7/2019 at 8:21 AM, czhr10 said:

I have had no problems with this,

Started with these Line 6 drivers : "Line 6 Driver2 , Version 1.91 , Released 9/13/18" download and install"

Then  i  instaaled the "Iine 6 updater"

Then connected the Spider V60 to my PC through USB

Then i ran the Updater to update the V60 to V2.0 ( so now its an MKII ..)

The i downloaded the newest Remote softeware and installed it with the Amp NOT connecrted.

Then i connected the Spider V60 (MKII now..).

then i restarted my lapto and started Spider Remote.

And now alls is working fine...

Tried those steps. Still not working. I'm going to try updating all the drivers for all the devices on my laptop and see if that changes anything.

Still can't get it to work. Not sure why. I've tried uninstalling the software multiple times and re installing it. Nothing helps. I will try it on a Windows 7 laptop and see if it works.

I've the same problem. I've installed the software both on windows 7 and on windows 10 laptop...but it doesn't work.

I've solved installing the previous version of the software. It works fine.

On 11/14/2019 at 4:14 AM, Spidermanuel said:

I've the same problem. I've installed the software both on windows 7 and on windows 10 laptop...but it doesn't work.

I've solved installing the previous version of the software. It works fine.

Is it an issue w USB2 vs USB3? Some devices don't like USB3 ports. USB3 ports are often colored BLUE for just that reason. 

Same problem of no contact. Read everything today in this thread and saw about the difference in USB ports so I switched and it started working. W10, HP ENVY laptop

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:10 PM, colek98 said:

Is it an issue w USB2 vs USB3? Some devices don't like USB3 ports. USB3 ports are often colored BLUE for just that reason. 

The Spider is connected to the PC using an USB 2 cable.

I don't understand why the previous version of the software works fine and the last doesn't work...