Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Good IR Library...free

Rocles

I can't imagine a peavy bandit being the go-to choice for clean tones with so many other amps to choose from, but thanks for the ir library link.

I purchased an old Bandit a couple of years back and use a clear tone and have my helix go right into the input jack on the front.

It's not my favorite amp solution when using a helix, but it works well when  I want to travel light.

6 hours ago, brue58ski said:

Doesn't matter. Link doesn't work. You can get here

https://www.soundwoofer.se/

But if you click on library, it ain't there.

His original link worked for me. Quite a bit of Mesa, Marshall, Fender, and others including some custom and bass cabs over there.

https://soundwoofer.com/Library/Index

On 11/3/2019 at 2:04 PM, Rocles said:

Very nice IR Library here....particularly liking the Bandit 112 IRs, sound great for my clean tones...and I used to gig with a real Peavey Bandit 112, great little amp. Here's the Download link https://soundwoofer.com/Library/Index

Thanks for contributing these. Could you post these at the link below as well.   Trying to consolidate free IRs in one thread. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/5/2019 at 8:26 AM, talonmm said:

I can't imagine a peavy bandit being the go-to choice for clean tones with so many other amps to choose from, but thanks for the ir library link.

I purchased an old Bandit a couple of years back and use a clear tone and have my helix go right into the input jack on the front.

It's not my favorite amp solution when using a helix, but it works well when  I want to travel light.

The bandits actually make a great pedal platform amp... Good clean sound, stays clean at high volumes, and not too heavy to carry around....

• Like 2

On 11/6/2019 at 9:41 AM, caledoneus said:

The bandits actually make a great pedal platform amp... Good clean sound, stays clean at high volumes, and not too heavy to carry around....

I totally agree, and was thrilled to pick one up with a broken reverb tank for very little money.  It works great with pedals and a helix (and the helix can help with reverb now that my  amp's reverb tank is broken)

but when starting from scratch when creating a helix tone, and having tons of amps to choose from and tons of cabinets with celestrian speakers,  I was surprised that the op choose a bandit  IR.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, talonmm said:

I totally agree, and was thrilled to pick one up with a broken reverb tank for very little money.  It works great with pedals and a helix (and the helix can help with reverb now that my  amp's reverb tank is broken)

Slightly off topic, but I converted my old Silver Stripe (Black Box) Bandit into a pseudo FRFR. I rarely need a cabinet on stage (stage monitors or IEM's usually do the job) so I didn't want to spend much on something. I already had the Bandit so I loaded it up with an Eminence BETA 12LTA Coax Full Range speaker. I plug the Helix into the FX Return (bypassing the pre-amp) and control volume from the big knob on the Helix... it works great. 

I also added a "tweeter defeat" switch to the speaker. A quick flick of the switch and I can use it as a normal amp if needed.

3 hours ago, codamedia said:

Slightly off topic, but I converted my old Silver Stripe (Black Box) Bandit into a pseudo FRFR. I rarely need a cabinet on stage (stage monitors or IEM's usually do the job) so I didn't want to spend much on something. I already had the Bandit so I loaded it up with an Eminence BETA 12LTA Coax Full Range speaker. I plug the Helix into the FX Return (bypassing the pre-amp) and control volume from the big knob on the Helix... it works great. 

I also added a "tweeter defeat" switch to the speaker. A quick flick of the switch and I can use it as a normal amp if needed.

sounds like a great mod!

Here's a video of our band, DBX, playing our song "Hey Alexander", in Manchester, 1992. That's me on the Les Paul, running thru a Boss Me6 effects, bit of Compression and Chorus, into my Bandit 112. Here's the link 

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, Marcus from Soundwoofer here, glad you enjoy our library.

If you have any feedback, please let us know as the library is still under development.

We have also opened up for users to register accounts and upload Impulse responses to the library.

You can register an account here

Also wanted to tip, we have also released a series of "Mixpulses" that are combinations of several microphones (12!) into just one single file.

You can find the mixpulses here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2019 at 8:36 AM, talonmm said:

but when starting from scratch when creating a helix tone, and having tons of amps to choose from and tons of cabinets with celestrian speakers,  I was surprised that the op choose a bandit  IR.

True enough....  lol

• 2 months later...

Long time no see, happy new year, decade and so forth!

We made updates to to our library so it would be easier to upload your own Impulse responses to the library.

Standalone impulses
Once you are logged in to your account, (register here) select the file, give it a name and a nice description and you're set.

Just to celebrate this new release, we added 1300 Impulses to the library!
Check them out here

If you need help on how to use an Impulse responses, we have a guide for you here

We have also started reviewing cabinets (and microphones are coming soon) and you can read them here!  

We have received feedback about how useful it would be if the library was available for download as packs and we agree.

So, therefore we have made two packs available. In order for you to get access to them we need something in return.

Pack one - Contains 350+ Impulses and can be found in your profile after you have logged in.

Pack two - Contains 1185 impulses and can be found in your profile after you have uploaded an Impulse of your own to the library.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We recently made an update, that allows you to see more information about the stand-alone Impulse responses and we also threw in a little waveform.

For example, this Impulse response from an Mesa oversized 4x12

1997626543_2020-02-21(3).thumb.png.604620e9dd21ed4477d7bfa8a0d5b35d.png

Each impulse now shows (if available)

Cabinet

• Brand
  • Model
  • Year

And;

• Microphone used
  • Microphone position
  • Microphone distance

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We made a neat little upgrade

Soundwoofers' impulse response library have a built-in sample player, so you can listen to the IR:s live in the browser.
sampler.jpg

Now we have upgraded it so you can upload your own samples to test the impulse responses with.

Uploader.png

All you have to do is to go in to your profile and upload the sample and you are ready to go.

Cheers
Soundwoofer

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, ten6irz said:

I usually sell  Impulse Response at the store.

I have two samples ready so
Please play(wav)

sample IR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_RHkNx9awcCfgDzy6hqsou5TSKntiUG-/view

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

twitter: https://twitter.com/gtafsp
HP: https://ten6irz.stores.jp/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://soundwoofer.com/Account/Register

And then you can go to;
https://soundwoofer.com/StandaloneImpulses/Index

And upload them to the library

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/3/2019 at 2:04 PM, Rocles said:

Very nice IR Library here....particularly liking the Bandit 112 IRs, sound great for my clean tones...and I used to gig with a real Peavey Bandit 112, great little amp. Here's the Download link https://soundwoofer.com/Library/Index

I got a Peavey Bandit 112 back in high school (probably around '95-'96 timeframe) that my brother now has and uses; still works!

• Like 1