Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Novice Usb Recording Help - Pod Hd Pro

Hey, I just had a few questions about USB recording if anyone can help me. I am fairly new to this so go easy on me.

How do I record with the pod hd pro while live monitoring my guitar play using only a USB cable and studio monitors? I am also using the pod as an interface and have the unbalanced outputs for L and R going to the studio monitors. I was thinking I use the SPDIF and go into my line in input on the side of my Mac to record a wet signal but I am not sure.

I have recorded guitar using only a usb cable before and I can't for the life of me remember how I did it. I am a college student and just now getting back into the art.

I have no solid understanding about a wet or dry signal or SPDIF. Any knowledge about these will help because I have a feeling that it has something to do with the aforementioned or something about a 'dual-amp preset' or 'dual tone'? Any information will help me a ton!

P.S. I meant to mention earlier... I am using Reaper and I get a signal but there's no sound. Could it be the Pod HD pro has taken over all my sound (via 2 "1/4 TRS from unbalanced outs to studio monitors) and that's why I can't hear it? Or is this just a dry signal and I need to do something else with my current setup? I have two tracks and I am getting a signal in both. If anyone could shed some light on all this as well, I'd really appreciate it!

you need to set the pod to be your soundcard, and all your sounds will play through it.

if using a mac and a novice, i highly recommend that you start with garageband which is now a free app in the store.

reaper is great and powerful... yes... garageband is simple and easy... yet still effective.

• Upvote 1

Hey

Thanks for the reply! Garageband is nice, I use it as well. I have been taking tutorials for Reaper and am confident I could wrap my head around it. I'm starting to think I will need an audio interface and more basic knowledge of sound and routing for the pod.

I have read online that people have also been using the pod as an interface and getting no sound. I figured out how to get sound but now the sound it really distorted and undesirable. Also seems like their is a latency problem..the metronome slows down?

I've used many pods as an interface with only minor adjustments... (hd bean, hd300, hd500, and hdprox)

i use it alot with another interface via SPDIF just to capture the dry as well as the wet...

since logic pro x came out i've not been spending alot of time with other DAW's

but reaper is a nice one for sure.

just make sure you have the audio interface set to core audio, and the same hardware selected for input and output... should be mostly that easy.

when i say mostly... that means that you should probably set your sound to the same in syspref as well just to get your mac sounds too... but its not required.