Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Where to purchase a Cable for UX1 (USB C)

Vquest

Thanks. I have purchased two already from ebay, and neither of them have powered it up. One powered the light green for a moment, and then it went red. Can you recommend a quality brand? I'm surprised that Line6 don't sell cables as accessories.

The two I have tried so far I think have been cheap Chinese junk. I'm going from a macbook pro with the regular usb outputs to a 2019 macbook pro with USB C outputs. It's unlikely that all four ports are defective. There's no problem powering up external drives from them. I'm sure a better quality cable will power up the UX1.

11 hours ago, Vquest said:

The two I have tried so far I think have been cheap Chinese junk. I'm going from a macbook pro with the regular usb outputs to a 2019 macbook pro with USB C outputs. It's unlikely that all four ports are defective. There's no problem powering up external drives from them. I'm sure a better quality cable will power up the UX1.

I'm thinking it's more likely that the USB port on the UX1 is damaged, not the USB ports on your Macbook.

I think none of them are damaged. The UX1 fires up no probs on my old macbook with the older USB ports, so I'm pretty sure it will fire up when I get hold of a decent quality cable. I've found a belkin cable on the net that should be of higher quality than the two I have tried so far, so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...