Jump to content
ccouch7

HX EDIT 2.82 works with Windows 7 now -Thanks Line 6!!!

Recommended Posts

Before the 2.82 update I could never get HX Edit to work with the HXFX on Windows 7

(it would always say "no device connected") and I tried everything after every update.

But with version 2.82 it's now working great!

I'm not sure what you did? But I just wanted to say Thank You to the line 6 people!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ccouch7 said:

Before the 2.82 update I could never get HX Edit to work with the HXFX on Windows 7

(it would always say "no device connected") and I tried everything after every update.

But with version 2.82 it's now working great!

I'm not sure what you did? But I just wanted to say Thank You to the line 6 people!!!!!

 

I am wondering if they changed how the  Windows drivers installed in HX Edit 2.82. I know in earlier installs, e.g. 2.80, depending on which checkboxes were checked during the install ( they were mislabeled indicating that one of the drivers required for all HX devices was only for HX Effects if I am recalling correctly) the Windows driver would not get installed. Of course there is always the possibility that something in your install process or the state on your PC changed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

Of course there is always the possibility that something in your install process or the state on your PC changed.

 

Maybe a case of that old “different USB port and cable” voodoo?

 

No mention of any change in the release notes, although the first bullet point in the “Known Issues” remains as ever:

 

  • In rare cases, Helix / HX devices can become disconnected from HX Edit. If possible, always connect your Helix / HX device directly to the USB port closest to your computer’s power connector. Never use any sort of USB hub, which may include the front USB ports on the front of towers

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always gotten the "no device connected" message through all of the updates. Even when I switched computers and several different cables/ports. At this point, it doesn't seem to be causing any difficulties I'm happy to say.  Oh sh*t - did I just put the kiss of death on it by mentioning it??????

EDIT: I didn't mention that at one point (while still using my laptop) the whole system would crash if I used HX edit while the Workbench HD app was running. Hasn't happened since the change to a desktop but the "no device connected" remains. No way for me to know whether any of these variables are connected. The digital world is not for patience challenged or tech leary individuals. I barely qualify in both cases but I just can't resist all of the fun tools out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, es345tds said:

EDIT: I didn't mention that at one point (while still using my laptop) the whole system would crash if I used HX edit while the Workbench HD app was running. Hasn't happened since the change to a desktop but the "no device connected" remains. No way for me to know whether any of these variables are connected. The digital world is not for patience challenged or tech leary individuals. I barely qualify in both cases but I just can't resist all of the fun tools out there.

 

Hi, 

 

Yes, you did mention it, back in April in this Workbench thread:

 

 

I believe the advice from Line 6 was -“Don’t run them at the same time” . Since then if you haven’t modified your computer to give it some more muscle, I would guess that advice still stands.

 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excuse me Mr. Power User, I'm not sure why you went to such detail to highlight my side note about the HX/HD conflict. I absorbed the advice. I moved on. That was intended as a lite comment that might have some bearing on the USB issue. Since you have gone to the effort to dig it up and comment on it I would like to point out that I received two contradictory responses to that issue. I believe the response from cruisinon2 was that he isn't having that issue at all. You are telling me to listen to the advice not to use them together. If you are going to use the archives, please don't cherry-pick the info to suit your views.

 

Did you get the main idea of my post on the topic? I always have and still do get the "no device connected" message even on a computer with "more muscle". Do you have anything useful to add on that subject?

 

OBSERVATION: I have been away for a while and just getting back to researching some of the topics here. In my recent visit, I have noticed a lot less patience and a lot more, you're a dummy, idiot, and troll type of comments than before (not to mention the two-page political rants). I remember this place being much friendlier and on topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...