Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Headphone Out - Can It Be The Same As Normal Output?

frankencat

Can the headphone output be configured for use as a send to the PA? I tried it briefly once to drive my frfr floor monitor and it sounded weird, I am guessing because of the impedance maybe? I would like to use it to run to the house because it can be setup so that the volume knob does not affect it. Thanks in advance. :)

2 hours ago, frankencat said:

Can the headphone output be configured for use as a send to the PA? I tried it briefly once to drive my frfr floor monitor and it sounded weird, I am guessing because of the impedance maybe? I would like to use it to run to the house because it can be setup so that the volume knob does not affect it. Thanks in advance. :)

As Phil said above, you have it backwards. 

In regards to the headphone out, you can use it as an output for something like a monitor, but it isn't as hot as the actual main outputs. If it were me, I would stick to the main outs for the FOH.

9 hours ago, Saucyboy123 said:

I’m wondering the same thing. Well for me, my headphone out actually sounds better than my main L/R outputs. What do you do u guys think I should do? 

This comment makes no sense.

Sounds better how? What are you using to amplify it?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm curious about this as well. On my miniboard that I'm building around the HX stomp, it might be more physically convenient to use the headphone out than the normal outputs. currently I'm tearing down my board trying to make room for just one more critical pedal (sigh).