Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX STOMP - BASS RIG SPLIT OUTPUTS

pacozaldivar

Hey, i recently got my HX STOMP, I play bass (metal band) and the way i have it set it up in my preset is i split crossover the signal into a high freq and a low freq. I added a compressor into the low freq chain and thats it, and into the high freq i use distortion and a cab sim. My question is: Can i send a signal to my cab (without the cab sim) for stage fill and a signal with the cab sim on to the FOH (that would be my main sound)

Thanks a lot!

I'm sorry, I fear I've led you down the garden path!

What you're asking for is easy on any of the other Helixs, but not possible on the Stomp.

You need two splits - one so that you can use different effects on the crossover signals, another to send the combined signal out with cab to FOH and w/o cab to your stage monitor/rig. You only get one split per signal path, and there's only one signal path in the Stomp.

Sorry. 

That's a pretty complex bit for the Stomp to do. You could certainly send the crossover frequency sounds to the front of house no problem, but the problem becomes sending something comparable to the on stage monitor.

You're going to have to sacrifice somewhere. If you REALLY think the split crossover is that essential, how essential is it to you that your stage sound have that? That's where I'd let go.

You might also try experimenting a bit with the Tilt EQ on a Path A for FOH and a path B for your stage sound. It's not a 1 to 1 comparison with the split crossover approach, but it does have a lot of comparable qualities and you may be able to get something just as useful. 

Hell, maybe even better.