Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - expression pedals

wardle1978

Hi all,

New HX Effects user here.

I've been using a Bespeco 18L Exp Pedal with my LIne 6 M5 with no problems and just assumed it would work with the HX Effects.

Hooked it up last night to try it and can't seem to get it to work. 

First question is, can anyone confirm compatibility with the Bespeco 18L? - it's a 20k pot I believe

If so, what am I doing wrong?!

If not, what are the alternatives - can't seem to find a list of compatible pedals for the HX Effects.

Many thanks

Not sure about your pedal but as far as which ones work, there’s always the Line 6 ones from Mission:

https://www.missionengineering.com/shop-2/products/expression/specific-use-exp/ep1-l6-line-6/

They are most definitely on the pricey side but they are also extremely well built and solid construction. 

• 3 years later...

Hi, I know it's an old post. But I haven't found the answer straight on the internet so here my experience with the hx effects and bespeco  vm 18l expression pedal. Initially it doesn't work as mentioned above. But the problem is not the 20k pot but the different wiring. After changing the wiring from tip and ring it works perfect. Best Stephan

On 7/15/2023 at 9:18 AM, steph_bass said:

Hi, I know it's an old post. But I haven't found the answer straight on the internet so here my experience with the hx effects and bespeco  vm 18l expression pedal. Initially it doesn't work as mentioned above. But the problem is not the 20k pot but the different wiring. After changing the wiring from tip and ring it works perfect. Best Stephan

Did you change the wiring on the pedal or within the config on hx effects?

Because you can change the tip/ring config and the behaviour of the pedals on the hx....

On 7/18/2023 at 2:15 PM, joanesinu said:

Did you change the wiring on the pedal or within the config on hx effects?

Because you can change the tip/ring config and the behaviour of the pedals on the hx....

Yes, I changed the wiring on the pedal. I found only the change of the behaviour and not the change of tip/ring on the hx... Good to know. Thanks