Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 Transmitter not holding much charge (but seems to charge up in 10mins)

mslenthall

Hi all.

Be grateful if anyone can help. My G10 wireless transmitter doesn’t  seem to be holding more than a couple of hours of charge. When it’s completely flat the light indicates that it is back to being fully charged  in around 10-15 mins, which seems odd. When I then use it, same thing occurs - short playing time. 
Any advice? 
Thx

Mark. 

Somewhere in the bowels of the FAQ section for the G10S, it mentions that charging a completely flat battery should take ~3.5 hours... so my guess is you're not charging it completely, regardless of what the base unit is indicating. 15 minutes for a completely dead battery isn't gonna give you much run time.

Leave it charging for a few hours, and see how long it lasts... if it still doesn't have the expected battery life, then I'd say you have a bum unit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with my unit, however, I use it once a week at church for about 4 hours, it is plugged into the base the rest of the week.  Today it died in less than 40 minutes of rehearsal.  What I have noticed additionally when plugging it back it, it will blink for a bit, perhaps a few minutes, then go back solid, almost as though it is signaling full charge.  Unplugging and plugging back in again will repeat the same process.

40 minutes ago, chasingMango said:

It should be shutting down automatically after 4 minutes of no playing.

If you don't roll the volume all the way off on the guitar, sometimes it won't go into standby mode... I've noticed it a few times. Especially with noisy single coils... they can send enough signal through, that it thinks you're still playing.