Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

4 Oscillator Synth Frequency parameters

brue58ski

I was playing with some of Freman's patches that use the 4 oscillator synth to allow you to play chords from the synth, along with yourself. His patch will have, for example, a frequency of 274Hz. However, when I go to change it, it jumps to, and will only adjust in, increments of 10  Hz (120-130-140, etc.) down to when it goes below 100Hz, then it will adjust in increments of 1 Hz. So how did Freman get a frequency of 274Hz? I'm trying to create some new chords and the 10Hz increment just ain't cutting it. I need the frequencies in between. Past 1K it only adjusts in increments of 100Hz which is worse but I could work with that. So again, how was Freman able get that 273Hz frequency on one of the oscillators? Is that from an older version of Firmware? Does anyone know?

In much earlier firmware, pre 2.5 or so, you could edit these fields +/-1 . Since, I have successfully edited the values by saving the .hlx preset then opening in MS word pad. I did save with only a 4 Osc block so there was less code to scan through and I had typed in arbitrary values in the snapshots before saving to make sure these fields were available, though maybe not necessary.

I am not much of a programmer at all, but it was simple in word pad to find the values in the code and edit them in whole numbers. I haven't tried decimal places, I like when a fraction out, combined with the 3 note Osc, you get that subtle detuned fatness. Then I re saved as .hlx and reloaded fine to the Helix. Pain you can't hear the work until then. 

Thank you for the tip!!! I'm sure it will work since the old patches still come up with the +/- 1 field. Thanks Again!! I am surprised you can't do this since I would think a main use for a synth would be to have diatonic notes coming out of it. Not notes 1/8 to 1/4 of a step out of tune. Without that, it's fairly worthless to me.