Sign in to follow this  
Sacco_Belmonte

Flimsy G10 Transmitter

I bought a second hand G10

Seems like a slightly newer model, as the base LED is much brighter than my first unit.

The transmitter it came with however, has a very flimsy activator pole (the small pole button near the TRS plug)...just a slight touch activates it and stays on, another tweak at it and turns off and so on...basically unreliable when it it comes to turning off.

Does anyone knows why? Like a common cause and how to fix it?

The unit seems ok, no signs of abuse or scratches. Maybe someone knock it while in the guitar, or dropped it, I don't know.

Also, another side symptom of the loose bit is that sometimes the transmitter doesn't start charging. Is not too bad, I found its quirks, but would like to fix the transmitter.

Nevermind, I fixed it.

Opening the transmitter was a breeze knowing there was a screw in the back of the sticker.

Upon inspection, nothing was clearly bent, but I decided to lift the metal tongue that touches the pole because it might be a bit misaligned. By lifting I mean centering it around the pole by carefully wedging it up. It seems like the tongue was a bit misaligned, by a nanometer or so.

I had one go at it, clearly something aligned because the unit now works as intended. Like brand new :D 

• Upvote 1