Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - Multiple Multi-Effects Per Footswitch?

nuttree

Newbie Here. Just got an HX Effects. I have one seemingly really basic question and then another more complicated one...

When I create a new preset, I cannot figure out how to turn it off/bypass it? Hitting the foot switch doesn't do anything. That seems odd. The only thing I can do is switch to another preset. And I suppose I could create a preset with no effects on, but that seems like a real waste of a foot switch. What am I missing?

And...

I want to be able to assign each of the 6 foot switches a preset where each preset uses a combination of effects (not just one effect per switch). For example switch 1 has OD and Phaser, switch 2 has Chorus and Delay, Switch 3 has OD and Delay, etc... And then I'd like to be able to save and recall this selection of 6 tones/footswtiches.

I understand how to combine individual effects to create presets But it seems that I can only have 4 presets showing at one time since the other 2 switches are used for bank up and down. Is that correct? (And then I go back up to my original question about turning any of these 4 on and off). 

I looked into using snapshots and that seems like one way to accomplish this but again, only 4 at time, right?

Ultimately, I am trying to accomplish something similar to what the M13 can do in Latch Scene mode where you can have 12 different switches each with a different sound containing 4 effects. Then you can easily switch between any of those 12 tones. Can I do this with 6 foot switches on the HX effects?

Thanks!!

41 minutes ago, nuttree said:

When I create a new preset, I cannot figure out how to turn it off/bypass it? Hitting the foot switch doesn't do anything. That seems odd. The only thing I can do is switch to another preset. And I suppose I could create a preset with no effects on, but that seems like a real waste of a foot switch. What am I missing?

Page 39 of the Manual:

Global Settings>Preferences

1 - When pressing MODE and TAP together, the HX Effects device bypasses all effects. There are two types of All Bypass in the HX Effects hardware—Choose "Analog" if you want to your guitar's signal routed directly from the HX Effects device's inputs to its outputs with no processing or A/D/A conversion (also called "true bypass"). Choose "DSP" if you want delay echoes and reverb tails to decay naturally when the HX Effects device is bypassed.

43 minutes ago, nuttree said:

I want to be able to assign each of the 6 foot switches a preset where each preset uses a combination of effects (not just one effect per switch). For example switch 1 has OD and Phaser, switch 2 has Chorus and Delay, Switch 3 has OD and Delay, etc... And then I'd like to be able to save and recall this selection of 6 tones/footswtiches.

I understand how to combine individual effects to create presets But it seems that I can only have 4 presets showing at one time since the other 2 switches are used for bank up and down. Is that correct? (And then I go back up to my original question about turning any of these 4 on and off). 

I looked into using snapshots and that seems like one way to accomplish this but again, only 4 at time, right?

Ultimately, I am trying to accomplish something similar to what the M13 can do in Latch Scene mode where you can have 12 different switches each with a different sound containing 4 effects. Then you can easily switch between any of those 12 tones. Can I do this with 6 foot switches on the HX effects?

I don't have the HX Effects, but a quick look at the manual indicates that this is not possible.