Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Relay G10 not charging with Yamaha THR30ii

Guitar_Rog

3 hours ago, Guitar_Rog said:

Hi Phil, Amp plugged in turned on, G10 red light on, Ive contacted Line 6, Ive read of some  G10's being recalled

Recalled? They've never really done a recall on any product that I know of. Do you have any other method to charge the G10 to see if that works? I would be nice to know if it's the transmitter or jack that's not working.

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem. Red light flashes momentarily, then stopped, and now nothing. It worked briefly when straight out the packet (10 mins, worked brilliantly) but now appears to have no power. Also not clear how you update the firmware maybe not possible if there's no power? The firmware on the THR is up to date (1.31.0k), plugged in and turned on. Really frustrating - can anyone help please?!!

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have a similar problem with my Yamaha/G10 system. Looking at the metal face of the G10, at the top of the jack where it meets the body, there is a small pin which I guess is a switch probably to tell the G10 CPU it is plugged in to either a guitar or the base station.

In my case, the spring in the push switch and the design of the jack socket in the Yamaha appear to conspire and push the G10 out of the socket enough to release the push switch.

I was unable to get the G10 to charge reliable.....it starts off OK but does not continue charging.

I put a small weight on the G10 when it is docked in the Yamaha and it now seems to charge OK.

Don't know if others have experienced this?