Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2 + Pod Farm/? + ? = happiness

vofcr

Hi guys!

I'm trying to build a set up that will work for me at home as that's where i play mostly at. I'm total noob so please don't hate me right away. As the Bono sings "I know i'm not a hopeless case"  haha  ;) 
I've got UX2 + 2x Yamaha HS7 + Pod Farm basic that came with UX2. 

I'm lazy - I'm not driven about creating "my own" sound and trying to reinvent the wheel. I want a vast database of already existing and working sounds presets that I could use easily for playing different styles, covers and record guitar.  

Now - is POD Farm premium worth investing or should i look into other solutions / software such as TH3, Amplitube, GuitarRig ? 
I've browsed through Custom Tone database and it looks massive but obviously a lot of it doesn't work for me since I've got basic version of pod farm. 

Also - what sort of foot controller could go perfectly with it and what would you recommend? And is it better to invest in floorboard like HD500x (or other better/newer one?) instead of Pod Farm to sort out my problems? :D 

Thanks.